The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Racking Ward Beck 460. Help please.
Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Racking Ward Beck 460. Help please.

I have some Ward Beck 460 modules and and ready to get them racked. Forgive me if my questions are a little stupid. I don't know anything about these modules.

1) do these have output transformers already?

2) if they don't have trannies then which ones should I get?

3) does anyone have schematics for these?

4) what's the best power supply for these?

Anything else you guys think I should know would be welcome too. Thanks
Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Email me. I can get you a schematic and pinout on Monday. A power one module might be overkill but awesome. I also might be able to get you one from a company I Do side work for.
The real question is do you want to use both the a and ab gainstage which has the most gain (80db) and the most color or if you want to just use the a stage which is more hifi with less color and 60db of gain.
Should have nice trannies already.
Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
Email me. I can get you a schematic and pinout on Monday. A power one module might be overkill but awesome. I also might be able to get you one from a company I Do side work for.
The real question is do you want to use both the a and ab gainstage which has the most gain (80db) and the most color or if you want to just use the a stage which is more hifi with less color and 60db of gain.
Should have nice trannies already.
Thanks! I'll fo sho email you Monday. I do want to use the a/b gain stages! You will have to let me know what kind of power supply that I need. Thanks again.
Old 31st July 2011
Lives for gear

I racked a single WB M470 a while back. I used a jlmaudio AC/DC power supply. They are adequate for 2 modules. If you have 4 modules you could use an jlm powers station. If you have more than 4 you would be best to get something bigger to power them.
The Ward Beck Preservation Society website at http://wbsps.kuzub.com/ is a great source of info...though just at the moment the site seems to be down. Not sure why
Old 2nd August 2011
Lives for gear

Does anyone know if these modules already have the input and output transformers in them? I don't have them to see and I really need to know. Thanks
Old 2nd August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Providence View Post
Does anyone know if these modules already have the input and output transformers in them? I don't have them to see and I really need to know. Thanks
They have input transformers but not output transformers. Very Few few Ward Beck consoles used output transformers at all. The 460's should have large Hammond transformers on inputs. They are part of the module.
Old 2nd August 2011
Lives for gear

They don't need output transformers. Ward Beck stuff sounds great anyway.
Old 4th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksure View Post
The Ward Beck Preservation Society website at Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society - WBSPS is a great source of info...though just at the moment the site seems to be down. Not sure why
Ah..very confusing. Couldn't find it cos they have moved domains and now can be found here at Ward-Beck Systems Preservation Society Forum - Index

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search