The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Changing power on an Aphex 661??? Dynamics Processors (HW)
Old 26th July 2011
Lives for gear

Changing power on an Aphex 661???

Just received an aphex 661 off ebay from the US.
I already have one purchased in Australia, and I know they can run at 220v, but am not sure if something will need to be switched or if I can just plug it in and it will work.
I'm not just going to plug it in and try though as I've had gear blow up that way before....
Any advice appreciated
Old 26th July 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YULOGY View Post
I already have one purchased in Australia, and I know they can run at 220v, but am not sure if something will need to be switched or if I can just plug it in and it will work.
I'm not just going to plug it in and try though as I've had gear blow up that way before....
Any advice appreciated
I don't know this particular piece of gear.. but I'll ask Jim Williams, he also mods them, so he should know the inside out's..

Bests,

Cheu
Old 26th July 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks man!
Old 19th August 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by YULOGY View Post
Any advice appreciated
there on bac in euro psu connector is a small pcb card that have to be removed and installed in different direction to use other voltage options... its easy but need to be done and first time it looks like wierd way to select voltages..

im on vacation so cant make picture of that card.... just check unpluged psu connector on back .. you will get it!!!!!!!!!

D
Old 19th August 2011
Lives for gear

Hey thanks Roginator,
I contacted Aphex direct a couple weeks ago and they kindly gave the same info!
Fortunately they also told me I had to change the fuse.
It is a very strange way to change voltage!!
All done though and operational.
Old 2nd December 2011
Gear interested

Changing Power on Aphex 661

Hi

would you guys mind giving some more detailed instructions on the process? I am struggling with the same problem, bought one of the compressors on ebay in the us, trying to use it in Switzerland. This card thing isn´t exactly self-explanatory...

thanks in advance...
Old 4th August 2017
Here for the gear

Hi Folks,

I don't think Aphex support will answer my question since product not even in the list for support.
I need use my unit in Europe with 220v can anyone share detail what kind of fuse I need use when
I switch psu to 220v behind.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Here's the process.
Note - you don't need to remove upper cover to do this
Pulling out pcb card require some force
Exact working position of the card for 220V is shown
Attached Thumbnails
Changing power on an Aphex 661???-img_20171207_143944.jpg   Changing power on an Aphex 661???-img_20171207_144002.jpg   Changing power on an Aphex 661???-img_20171207_144019.jpg   Changing power on an Aphex 661???-img_20171207_144049.jpg   Changing power on an Aphex 661???-img_20171207_144104.jpg  

Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search