4 words........

"It's for a client"
Old 19th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti
Hi Peter,
Yes things are much better!
My Fiance is actually very supportive of my studio efforts. The bands that I record on the side are usually on a very low budget, so it will take a few projects just to pay for the Pacifica.
I have been single for a while, so I am used to spending my money however I like. I am going to have to adjust to the concept of "our" money very soon though.
Thank you Peter for a GREAT product, and for also adding some more humor to this funny thread.
Gearslutz is such a great forum, with a great group of people!

On another side note:
Does GS ever have any kind of yearly convention?
Maybe a Golf outing?
How fun would that be to get a large group of GS members hacking up the course, and then having some food and drink afterward?
Hi Yetti,

Just try and enjoy life......cause it's too damn short........on the part about joint accounts (which I call the family plan).......it always worked for me!

GS get-togethers are as Tony said.................. normallyAES/NAMM......they've been pretty good on the ones I've attended but I was sorry to miss James Lugo's party at NAMM!!

For the most part do your best to look for the educational parts of this forum..........in my mind that is what this is supposed to be about.

keep me posted please!
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
www.adesignsaudio.com
Old 19th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fum
4 words........

"It's for a client"

Or.................

"It is a client's"..............I'm just checkin it out for awhile that's all!

PM
Old 19th March 2006
Lives for gear

Or, with a big happy sh¡t-eating grin on your face, say, "It's miiine!"

Kind like this guy ---> heh
Old 19th March 2006
Here for the gear

try this one

"oh, yeah that? It's a thermionic tube transient compression analyser and harmonic distortion expander. Yeah, the client asked me if I had one when they were interviewing me, and I told em I'd get one for the project."

Old 23rd March 2006
Gear Addict

Each day my wife meet my new girlfriends

Hey don't feel bad, My wife knows I'm a gearslut for the past 30 years now, and that I love my pro audio toys more than I love anything else on this planet, and since I treat every new piece if gear as a new girlfriend ... so each new piece I buy I go thru this same issue with her. Here's a little ditty explaining my predicament. I'm starting to get the feeling she might be a tad jealous? Ya think?

Na'aaaghh!

Attached Files
File Type: wmv wifemet.wmv (1.88 MB, 137 views)
Old 23rd March 2006
Gear Addict

I got mine yesterday. It is so pretty. Sure does have a bright blue light that's for sure.
Im the boss though so I should be cool.

Whatch me eat my words.
Old 24th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti
So I just got the new Pacifica today, and I am taking a break from my wiring into the patchbay right now.
I didn't tell her that I just spent $1725 for this, I have 2 = 5' tall racks full of mostly black faced rack gear.....but she will know that this one is new...
It stands out like an orange juice carton with a BLINDINGLY bright blue power light. If she asks I will have to tell her, but I am NOT sorry at all!
She was asking me the other day if there was a gearslutz wife's site?
I hope not, and I hope she dosn't read this either.
I did however tell her about the $300 I just spent sending my Studio Technologies mic pre to Jim Williams at Audio Upgrades for mods, but the Pacifica isn't going to go over too well.
So what, I am proud to be a Gearslut!!!

That's great, I posted something like this on one of the "other" geat sites, and was crucified. But here you've gotten nothing but support for feeding your addiction. Maybe this is where I need to be. I blew so much money on a toy spree that I had to use my student loan to cover it. Luckily, the VA pays me for school too, so I'll be able to secretly put that money back in the bank. And as for the toys, I just said I traded some stuff. That's the best way to explain mystery toys popping up. They never know what you have, so if they see something new, tell them you traded your old discombobulator for it, then start talking specs....She won't care anymore and you and your toy can be alone.
Old 24th March 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioBox
That's great, I posted something like this on one of the "other" geat sites, and was crucified. But here you've gotten nothing but support for feeding your addiction. Maybe this is where I need to be. I blew so much money on a toy spree that I had to use my student loan to cover it.But here you've gotten nothing but support for feeding your addiction. Maybe this is where I need to be. I blew so much money on a toy spree that I had to use my student loan to cover it.
Ain't this a great site?
It sounds like you will fit right in with us RadioBox.
Welcome to Gearslutz Brotha!
Old 24th March 2006
Lives for gear

I was able to sneak a Mercury M66 into my rack by removing a similarly colored Grommes G5M POS that I'll be dumping on e-bay. At least the G5M was good for something! My wife hasn't noticed anything...
Old 24th March 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendejo
I was able to sneak a Mercury M66 into my rack by removing a similarly colored Grommes G5M POS that I'll be dumping on e-bay. At least the G5M was good for something! My wife hasn't noticed anything...
HAHA!!!
Too funny Brotha!
Old 25th March 2006
Lives for gear

I feel guilty even posting, but I gotta give props to my wife...

I've been flipping a lot gear in the last year, and while she's always excited to see something new in the rack, she even mourns the loss of the old stuff. I sold a 747sp because I needed to buy something else. Of course it does have that bling factor, but recently she was the one who was like "When are you going to get another one of those?"

I just bought an ELUX251, and she was the one saying "you really need to buy that, you don't really have a mic like that do you?"...

I musta been some sorta saint in a previous life or somethin'.

- Justin
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

Just wanted to mention that this is my favorite thread title of all time. Because it's true. And funny.
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Addict

A couple of years ago, I bought some new speakers. The wife visited me every now and then in the studio, but not often, so I thought I could get away with it, since they were the same colour as the old ones.

She came by while I was working with a client, we were listening to his album that I was halfway through mixing. She didn't say anything for the hour or so she was hanging out with us, and then on the way out the door, says ever so casually over her shoulder, without looking back or turning around, "I like your new speakers ..."

Busted ...
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear
My wife just got a new Mercedes C300.....
What does that clear me for gear-wise? And for how long?

Old 1st June 2011
Lives for gear

Haha, I enjoy reading this although I'm not married. I'm 20, in school for music and still live with my parents.

I spend whatever i make on school and gear.

My dad knows nothing about music, sports is his thing, but my mom is so into it, its funny. She plays piano, guitar and sings.

I came home the other day and she was explaining to her friend that owens 705 was better for sub frequencies. I got a kick out of that one....

My mom told my dad that my protools me came with a pitch corrector, and my dad replies, "the phillies could use one of those!"

Anyway, my sister helps me out and gives me rides places when the train cant take me there, and she complains every time i get a new piece of gear instead of paying for car insurance. So I hide stuff all the time.

Its funny, cause she is a live audio engineer
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Got my new UA 6176 today, as a complement to my Pacifica. Didn't have to hide it, because the wife knew it was coming.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search