The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
M-Box Users
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Maniac

M-Box Users

I'm in a bit of a rut with looking for the right home studio M-Box setup. I'm fairly experienced with Pro Tools and hardware but there seems to be so much!

I'm looking for a 48 track M-Box rig (preferably PT8 not 9) but there are various models, some discontinued, some 32 track versions, some 48 with PT9.

If any M-Box users can point me in the direction of an M-Box 48 track PT8 that would be awesome.

(Also, I'm not at all concerned with quality or whether the newer M-Box's may have better AD/DA or pres. This is simply for my home demoing rig and I'll mostly but working with amp sims and sampled drums).
Old 22nd July 2011
If you buy a brand new Avid Mbox it should come with PT8 which is 48 tracks of audio. PT9 should be able to do 96 tracks, if you wanted to upgrade later.

The black ones that say AVID on them are the new ones. The mbox mini should do what you need if you only need a couple inputs. If you need more mics or inputs at one time you can choose an Mbox or the Mbox Pro. All of them should ship with PT8 and have some other advantages over the Mbox mini.

You didn't give a lot of info about your needs in your post. How many sources do you need to record at once?
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Maniac

Thanks for the info, just need the 2 inputs and outputs really. Ive been looking at the Mbox Mini so will double check that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search