The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
need suggestions on passive volume controller
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Head

need suggestions on passive volume controller

Here is my situation. I got 2 audio cards. One is in my PC and has RCA outputs. the other is a Focusrite saffire 6 USB AI. Now for the card with RCA cable I have a decent inline passive volume controller to adjust input and then RCA from that going to the back of my Mackie hr824MKii's.(OK,works good) But my problem is the Focusrite. I got some good Mogami 1/4 to XLR going from AI to Monitors. only thing is, I need a good inline controller for that to keep the power surge when I turn on my AI from going into my speakers. I keep both RCA and XLR going into my MAckies plugged in all the time. I just wish there was a keep everything plugged in at the same time without any leaching/line surging going on.

Now i was looking at the Mackie Mackie 402-VLZ3. Only thing is, it is powered and I don't want to add any noise to my lines. I either need a 1/4 to 1/4 passive controller or a some kind of mixer that is passive that will take RCA and 1/4 inputs and have at least one pair of 1/4 outputs. Hope this makes sense. I am tired of playing switcheroo with the wire bouncing between the Sound cards.
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear
SM Pro Audio M-Patch 2

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search