The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
SM7B???????????????
Old 21st July 2011
Gear Nut

SM7B???????????????

Im going to buy a Sure SM7B, I seen some really cheap new ones on eBay. Ive heard u get some fake sm57s on there, should I be cautious? Also is their any cheap websites where i could get one??
Old 21st July 2011
Gear Maniac

Title needs more question marks. Also, an SM7B is not an SM57.
Old 21st July 2011
You have every reason to suspect that these cheap SM7B's might be inferior chinese knockoffs. They fake anything that has market value, so it's about time we saw fake SM7B's.

Inquire with Shure as to whether these are registered Shure dealers - they will want to know if they aren't.
Old 22nd July 2011
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin7475 View Post
Im going to buy a Sure SM7B, I seen some really cheap new ones on eBay. Ive heard u get some fake sm57s on there, should I be cautious? Also is their any cheap websites where i could get one??
Most of the new SM7B's on eBay eappear to be listed around $300. You can easily find one from an authorized Shure dealer elsewhere online for $349, and sometimes less if they're running some kind of promotion or special. By paying about 10% more than eBay, you'll get a mic that is guaranteed to be new and genuine, plus professional customer service and support.

A USED Shure microphone is one thing; but before buying a NEW Shure mic, ask yourself: If I had a new-in-the-box Shure mic, why would I sell it at such a low price?

Chris
Old 22nd July 2011
Gear Addict

Spend the money and do it right. Trust me, you won't regret it.

I didn't buy into all the SM7b hype, but needed a kick mic and wanted something versatile. (If I'm spending $200-300 for a kick mic, I want it to work for vocals and fix leaky plumbing and improve my gas mileage and stuff)... I bought the SM7b, and it blew me away. Doesn't work on every voice; but MAN does it work great on mine. Good kick mic too.

$350 is a small investment for a mic that's going to be a FANTASTIC tool in your studio that you'll likely continue to use even if you upgrade your mic locker considerably. Do it once, do it right. That's my thought anyways.
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear

OP check the for sale ads here at the slutz...there seem to be lots of SM7s for sale that come up over here and most are probably legit not knock offs. Its a great mic and as hossman noted...very versatile. Im using mine on snare, and although bulky in that position, its a deeper and more true sound than a 57 or i5 on the snare...I also use it well on vocals...great mic and I sarcastically reference it in my signature below because its so popular over here
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear
Call a few reputable music stores..you can get one brand new for $320 with free shipping.
If you find someone with good positive feedback on GS, offer them $200 check to clear before shipping...they just might take it in this economy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search