The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Adding outputs to FS LS56 @ 96khz?
Old 21st July 2011
Here for the gear

Adding outputs to FS LS56 @ 96khz?

Hi all,

I've been scouring the web for a while trying to find an affordable solution to my dilemma, but haven't found anything yet. Hoping all the knowledgable folks here can help me out.

My main firewire interface is the Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 (love it most of the time!) running into PT9. I'm also using a 16 ch. Dangerous Music 2-bus for analog summing but at the moment, I'm only running 8 analog outputs into the 2-bus from my LS56 but I'd like to run another 8 into the 2bus. I'm trying to find something that will convert 8 adat outputs from my LS56 @ 96khz to 8 analog outputs that I route to the 2bus. There's lots of units out there that'll do it at 48khz but I'd like to stay with 96khz. I'm also trying to find something under $500.

I've looked into maybe using another firewire interface in stand-alone mode but most of them can only take 4 adat inputs @ 96khz..

Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

this is a better post than the one in High End...
Yeah, when you get into SMUX, your 8 changes to 4.
What you should really do is buy a 2nd unit and link them (if that's possible within the unit's driver software) to prevent latency issues between different converter sets. would also bypass possible clocking and aggregate device issues.
If you're intent on 2FS into your Dangerous unit, you might want to start considering getting into separate conversion and preamps rather than the semi-pro all-in-one "interface" units.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search