The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Sweet video of Jerry Hey/Seawind Horns
Old 20th July 2011
Old 20th July 2011
Gear Guru

thanks. Super cool.

Jerry is the best. What do we do when those guys are gone or can't make a living playing anymore? There was a day when they were so booked you couldn't get them for months. Now like the engineer says, it's a rarity. Rare enough to document and put on youtube because no one has seen the real deal horn section before....

Long live the seawind guys, and jerry's arrangements!!!!
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear
Cool video. But the Seawind horns are Jerry, Kim Hutchcroft and Larry Williams. Living and playing in Hawaii in the '70s we were in awe of all of them. The trumpet player I played with in the late '70s in Waikiki studied with Jerry at the UH.

There's a thing in Hawaii where they combine jazz swing with the old Hawaiian music. And it infects everyone who lives there with this lyrical musicality. And when you couple that with the talent and dedication of the Seawind folks, you get something really special. It's a shame Pauline and Bob dragged the group in another direction. Stretching out on jazz fusion stuff and then coming back so tight it was like one mind. A little bar full of the best musicians in town with their jaws on the floor. At least that created the opportunity for Jerry, Kim and Larry to move to Hollywood and share some of that special thing with everyone else.
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

Very cool. These guys are killers.
Old 22nd July 2011
Lives for gear

I love it but it kinda makes me long for the golden years.

Guess I'm just old.

Anyway, thanks for a cool video.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search