The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Control Surfaces (Sac 2.2, Motor Mate, Digital Console)
View Poll Results: How Are You Mixing?
Control Surface.
9 Votes - 50.00%
With a mouse, but I own a control surface.
4 Votes - 22.22%
Mouse.
3 Votes - 16.67%
Analog board.
2 Votes - 11.11%
Digital board.
0 Votes - 0%
People mix music?
0 Votes - 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15th March 2006
Gear Addict

Control Surfaces (Sac 2.2, Motor Mate, Digital Console)

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has used the CM Labs Motor Mate?

Anyone had issues with the Sac 2.2? Did they release that 8 fader expansion? Anyone used it?

Anyone use their digital console as a controller and really like it? Any recommendations for consoles with Mackie Control or some kind of control compability built in?

Thanks,
Aaron
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear
I am a PT guy so....
I use both a HUI and an old style MotorMix. HUI is better for main mixing since there are more dedicated controls (plus scroll wheel). MotorMix is very cool as a remote mixer for setting headphones and such in my live room (50' Midi Tether). Both are getting a bit "long in the tooth". Some plug ins are really weird on them (like Massenberg EQ does not map right, Stereo Filterbank is 13 pages and maps kind of weird, Sony EQ used to be great but with the PT7 release we lost the high and low pass filter pages......)

Where is the baby D-Command for $3K or less. Show me that and I am there :-)..

-Lee
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

Nuendo with Mackie Control. It's REALLY nice... very well laid out!
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Addict

Baby D-Control, I like it I'm kind of wondering how the Motor Mate is functioning, as I figured they were going to start letting the Motor MIx slide...

I'm on a Pro Control with Edit Pack at work using our PT system. At home though I use Logic, Audition 2 (sweet program, if my PC is up for it that day!), and do some work in Final Cut and Soundtrack; I heard both have been integrated in to Mackie's Control Universal.

I'm just wondering when we'll get big leap forward from mackie, as they seem to have been milking the same control format (Mackie Control, Logic Control, Control Universal, HUI, etc...) for a while. Maybe they have it figured out and won't be releasing a huge worksurface upgrade...I want big ol' LED meters on my channels, like the 8 on the edit pack!

Aaron

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search