The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Senn. 421 differences
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Maniac

Senn. 421 differences

is there a tonal difference between the original MD421 and the MD421 MKII? If so, please elaborate. I am looking to purchasing one and cant decide if i wanna try and find the original or if i could just buy a new one and not worry about it.
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Maniac

I hate it when people comment without actually having tried both of whatever but I'm going to do that now. Excuse me if that bugs you too.

But...I have an old cream colored one. It was the first real mic I ever got and I instantly fell in love with it. I want 3 more of them.

I've read that people say the old ones sound better than the new. I DO know that the old ones are less common than the new ones and the prices are going up on them as well. I say buy the old one. They sound better and it's a better investment. Especially good investment if you get one with a Telefunken badge on the grill.

Hope that helps.
J.
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Maniac

thanks...i was sort of leaning that way. has anyone heard both and what are your thoughts?
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

The new ones have the rolloff filter do they not? That's pretty handy if you're doing VO's etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search