The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
reading frenzy
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Addict

reading frenzy

Can anyone recommend a good book on Pro Tools 7? I've recently made the switch from a mostly cubase world and could use a kick in the pants. Something good for when I can't be going blind reading hundreds of PDF files etc. Maybe something not so clinical (or clinical if its good), and tips you wouldn't get from say the manual would be steller. I've seen the pro tools power etc on amazon. Any thoughts?
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

I think the instructional DVD's for PT are cooler than the books, and I'm usually a book fiend, especially for music books. It's just that a lot of the nuts-and-bolts PT functions are so ridiculously "monkey-see-monkey-do" that a 30-second shot with some V.O. does way more than 3-4 pages with a diagram.

Seriously, what's the one with a lot of pro engineers & artists each doing a tip or two -- they show vocal comping, etc. -- is that the Cool School one?
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Addict

I plan on getting that "Mix it Like a Record" DVD at some point. But really, I'm looking to kill (a LOT of) time at the straight job. I might as well be doing something to further my "career" while I'm at work. Since pro tools is my new DAW figured I might as well get a good book on it, settle in with a nice hot cup of coffee, and ahem. Work...
Old 15th March 2006
Gear Addict

I found this helpful when learning pro tools but mine is for version 5, 'Producing in the Home Studio with Pro Tools '

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087...lance&n=283155
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

M.I.L.A.R. is great, but it's not PT instruction -- you won't get your quickkeys & shortcuts from it. It's more aimed at digital mixing concepts.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search