The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
using multiple Iloks on one PT system?
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

using multiple Iloks on one PT system?

I was wondering if it would be possible to use, multiple Iloks on a HD system?
This way I could take my plugins with me to a studio while also using the plugins owned by the studio.
Anyone tried this?
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

Shouldn't be a problem, iLok is made to be able to do that.
Old 15th March 2006
Lives for gear

I use three iLoks on my PT system. No problems at all.
It's pretty much imperitave to use Waves plugs on their own iLok, then I have another with all my other licenses, then a third one with demo licenses which would serve as a backup under Zero Downtime if needed.

Be aware that if you intend to use your plugs on a another system it can be a bit niggly (not because of the iLoks though)
You need to copy your plugins over to the Digi plugins folder on the new computer (being VERY careful not to replace any plugs that the other user with older versions.... or newer versions for which they do not have valid authorisations)
You also need to be aware that PT7 is very susceptible to instability caused by incorrect plugin versions. Be sure you are using PT7 optimised plugs if you are using PT7.

My solution to porting my sessions to a commercial studio has always been to take a bootable HD with all my plugs installed and boot from that, then transfer any of the studios plugs to MY HD rather than the other way round. OR simply use the plugs available on the studio's system.
Some commercial studios are (unsurprisingly) very wary of letting someone install something on their studio system drive.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search