The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
The "BEST" thread!
Old 19th July 2011
  #1
Lives for gear
The "BEST" thread!

According to my calculations there are exactly 71,562,854,332,995 threads revolving around the theme of "best". For consolidations sake as well as further succession into the inner depths of all things to do with "best", please post comments on anything and everything that is the "Best ______" - thumbsup emoticons for those who include some detail as to why you feel as such! heh

Thanks everyone
Old 19th July 2011
  #2
Lives for gear
 
abechap024's Avatar
 

Best thread ever!
Old 19th July 2011
  #3
Lives for gear
 
Big_Bang's Avatar
 

I've never found any BEST products in my city! I am stumped!

I keep seeing stuff like;

"BEST monitor under 50"
"BEST converter for rock"
"BEST compressor for ethereal flute"

They must be very popular.

I wonder why I've never seen one myself... If anyone has a link I'd highly appreciate it.
Old 19th July 2011
  #4
Gear Addict
 
capnreverb's Avatar
 

This is the answer, close the thread.
Attached Thumbnails
The "BEST" thread!-best.jpg  
Old 19th July 2011
  #5
Registered User
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
According to my calculations there are exactly 71,562,854,332,995 threads revolving around the theme of "best". For consolidations sake as well as further succession into the inner depths of all things to do with "best", please post comments on anything and everything that is the "Best ______" - thumbsup emoticons for those who include some detail as to why you feel as such! heh

Thanks everyone
IN actuality, using the search function for "best," there are 469 posts that contain the word 'best.'

asdfdsa, you are personally responsible for starting 17 (!) threads that contain the word 'best' in the title. Um...including this thread.

You're chasing windmills, my friend. But maybe this thread is the one that closes that chapter on your quest.

I wish you 'the best.'
Old 19th July 2011
  #6
Lives for gear
 
wesarvin's Avatar
 

Cheers!
Old 19th July 2011
  #7
Gear Maniac
 
LunchboxHo's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaphappy View Post
IN actuality, using the search function for "best," there are 469 posts that contain the word 'best.'

asdfdsa, you are personally responsible for starting 17 (!) threads that contain the word 'best' in the title. Um...including this thread.

You're chasing windmills, my friend. But maybe this thread is the one that closes that chapter on your quest.

I wish you 'the best.'
In Russia, posters post on you!
Old 19th July 2011
  #8
Lives for gear
 

Old 19th July 2011
  #9
Gear Guru
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdfdsa View Post
For consolidations sake...
a completely accurate model of the Universe would need to be the size of the entire Universe

Quote:
I wish you 'the best.'
I, for one, wish you no luck in this endeavor. Sorry, but it's a wrong-headed idea and I think it would be supremely appropriate and fitting if NOBODY contributes anything other than snide jokes and comments about how wrong-headed it is.
Old 19th July 2011
  #10
Gear Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
a completely accurate model of the Universe would need to be the size of the entire Universe
That sounds like Steven Wright getting a tattoo that was a life-size picture of himself.


Best use of the keyboard layout to create a screen name goes to asdfdsa
Old 19th July 2011
  #11
Lives for gear
 
abechap024's Avatar
 

Who has the BEST headphones?
Old 19th July 2011
  #12
Lives for gear
.


C'mon everyone, just lookin for new ideas/ opinions.
If you have something you feel is the best 'x' please feel free to share about it...chances are you've spent many many hours researching/experimenting with said 'thing' to come to the conclusion of why you feel it's best for you. This info can be helpful to other people - hence this thread.


Old 19th July 2011
  #13
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeq View Post
a completely accurate model of the Universe would need to be the size of the entire Universe
I'd expect this to be a rather large thread, filled with many varying thoughts and opinions on many things many people have found to prove valuable.

Quote:
I, for one, wish you no luck in this endeavor. Sorry, but it's a wrong-headed idea and I think it would be supremely appropriate and fitting if NOBODY contributes anything other than snide jokes and comments about how wrong-headed it is.
If you feel this is so wrong then why don't you provide a solution to head in the 'right direction' rather than put-down and be negative?
Old 20th July 2011
  #14
Gear Addict
 
rene-lemieux's Avatar
Gearslutz: the best place to waste your time
Old 20th July 2011
  #15
Lives for gear
 
hereticskeptic's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by oden View Post
hahahaha!!!
Old 20th July 2011
  #16
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

F Zappa.
Old 20th July 2011
  #17
Gear Head
 
Robert Holm's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz Mastering View Post
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…

F Zappa.
Genius
Old 21st July 2011
  #18
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Bang View Post
"BEST compressor for ethereal flute"
Yaaah !!
Old 22nd July 2011
  #19
Gear Addict
 
capnreverb's Avatar
 

In all seriousness, wouldn't it be more truthfull and helpfull to replace "best" with "favorite" ?
Old 22nd July 2011
  #20
Lives for gear
 

In addition the "Best" poster usually neglects to post specific needs like hardware - software, budget, type of recording, other gear they already have, and the list goes on. Is it any surprise then that every pc. of gear known to man gets listed in those threads. I'm with "capnreverb" on this as there is rarely a "Best", just a few good options to look into. Mods can you do a sticky about using the word "favorite" in place of "Best"? It would be better if the board's software just did that automatically LOL. Maybe the first lesson they should teach at all these audio schools is that there is rarely a "Best".
Old 22nd July 2011
  #21
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassmankr View Post
In addition the "Best" poster usually neglects to post specific needs like hardware - software, budget, type of recording, other gear they already have, and the list goes on. Is it any surprise then that every pc. of gear known to man gets listed in those threads. I'm with "capnreverb" on this as there is rarely a "Best", just a few good options to look into. Mods can you do a sticky about using the word "favorite" in place of "Best"? It would be better if the board's software just did that automatically LOL. Maybe the first lesson they should teach at all these audio schools is that there is rarely a "Best".
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnreverb View Post
In all seriousness, wouldn't it be more truthfull and helpfull to replace "best" with "favorite" ?
Sure I guess favorite and best are used pretty synonymously in this context...
Old 22nd July 2011
  #22
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump