The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Identify this German shotgun mic
Old 18th July 2011
Here for the gear

Identify this German shotgun mic

Hello, I recently salvaged this shotgun mic and am trying to find some information on it. The only identifying text on it is where it says: “MADE IN GERMANY” around the base of the handle. Other than that there is no model number or manufacturer info anywhere to be found. There is a switch which reads: “AUS” and “EIN B.TEST” (On-Off?) and a three way switch labelled: I-II-III (bass roll-off perhaps?). Any info is greatly appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Identify this German shotgun mic-p7060758_crop1.jpg   Identify this German shotgun mic-p7060763.jpg   Identify this German shotgun mic-p7060767.jpg   Identify this German shotgun mic-p7060766.jpg   Identify this German shotgun mic-p7060765.jpg  

Old 18th July 2011
Gear Guru

It's a Sennheiser K3 module with the ME 88 capsule (the capsule has lost the supplied foam windshield).

When you switch it on the red light flashes to show the battery is good (it doesn't stay on).

The I/II/III is the bass roll-off.

Internal battery or can be phantom powered (unless it's the K 30AV version with the 8-pin Tuchel connector).

Owners Manual for the K3 is HERE.

Owners Manual for the ME 88 is HERE.

(Manuals are PDFs).

I hope this helps.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search