The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Help me pick my next fx unit
Old 16th July 2011
Gear Head

Help me pick my next fx unit

I'm looking for some advice as I start to bulid my fx rack. I'm using sonar as my daw and use both plugins and outboard gear like most everyone else. I'm starting to build my fx rack and currently have a tc electronic m-one, a lexicon mpx1, and a Roland srv2000. I just purchased a lexicon PCM 70 and am looking for another flavor as I grow. I'm looking in the $600 to $900 range and am leaning toward an Eventide H3000 as my next piece to add. I've got plugins such as echoboy for delays. I'm a small project studio that works a lot on mainly country, pop, and rock demos.

Thanks
Old 16th July 2011
Lives for gear

Up the budget a bit and go for a used KSP8. Or down and find a used Rumour.

I'm a fan. In fact, really my FX are all KSP8 and a PCM91 at this point. I've got an old Quadraverb2, but I most use it for big guitar multis because I've not gotten around to programming the big chains into the KSP8. That's on the agenda for mixing this coming record.
Old 16th July 2011
Gear Guru

H3000 is a unique and cool box with lots of jumping off points.

To tag onto Popman, I have Kurzweil Mangler, with chorus,flange, mod typs effects and it's also wonderful. You could probably get a Mangler and a Rumor on the used market for that $.
Old 17th July 2011
Gear Head

Thanks guys. The other things I've looked at were the tc m2000 and m3000 but I figure that they are in the same sonic flavor as the m-one that I have. I could be wrong on that.
Old 17th July 2011
Lives for gear

Can't go wrong with an H3000...especially with those other pieces in your arsenal.
Old 17th July 2011
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupplelan View Post
Thanks guys. The other things I've looked at were the tc m2000 and m3000 but I figure that they are in the same sonic flavor as the m-one that I have. I could be wrong on that.
M3000 is really nice for clean, "believable" reverb, H3000 is and EFFECTS BOX!
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Head

I decided to get the tc electronic m3000. I got a great deal on one and am looking forward to trying it in a mix. Thank you again for the input.

Derek
Old 23rd July 2011
Lives for gear

You'll never regret buying an H3000

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 23rd July 2011
Gear Head

I was really leaning toward the Eventide but I got a deal on the tc I couldn't pass up. The Eventide will probably be my next fx purchase. I think my next outboard purchase will be to upgrade my pre's.
Old 23rd July 2011
Shy
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by popmann View Post
Up the budget a bit and go for a used KSP8.
Exactly. I'd have paid that much just for the reverbs, just for the all-pass phasers, or just for the distortions. Not only do I like the sound quality of its effects (especially the reverbs) more than any equivalent ones by Eventide, Lexicon or others, the value for money is just huge. Not to mention you don't have to degrade the audio signal terribly like with a unit like H3000 (and no, I wouldn't call it "warmth"). The processing power is another huge plus compared to older/cheaper units.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search