The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Who sells Audient in the states besides Pro Audio Design?
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Nut

Who sells Audient in the states besides Pro Audio Design?

I just hate their pricing..... always sooo high compared to everyone else. I am just looking for the ASP 008 with ADAT. Thanks guys!
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Nut

Audient USA

Try these guys - they are the official US distributors

Audio Exchange International

Email [email protected]
Web: http://www.axidistribution.com
Tel: 909-948-0997
Fax 909-466-9799
Old 14th March 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyloxy
Try these guys - they are the official US distributors. Audio Exchange International
AXI is the distribution arm of Pro Audio Design. Same people.
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Nut

Didn't know that, sorry. If they're the distributors then why is their pricing so high?
Old 14th March 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyloxy
Didn't know that, sorry. If they're the distributors then why is their pricing so high?
Interesting question in light of the discussion going on over at https://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/62477-retail-dealer-business-model-relevant-internet-age.html

On the console side of Audient, AXI/PAD have the experience and expertise for console design and installation, I can't see how having more than one dealer would be advisable as the customer base is not that big to begin with.

On the Sumo and other Audient boxes side, perhaps they believe that the market is best served by one commited dealer, who knows the product line inside and out and can focus its full attention on promoting and selling it, rather than having it available through multiple dealers who will put it alongside other like products where it may not get the proper attention.

And then of course there is the real reason...
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEARGUY1000
I just hate their pricing..... always sooo high compared to everyone else. I am just looking for the ASP 008 with ADAT. Thanks guys!
Who have you been dealing with over there, because it makes a difference.
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

Atlanta Pro Audio (formerly Magic before they split up). Talk to Chick or Gary F.
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

Find a soundcompany that either signed up when Audio Independance or ATI was distributor my hunch is AXi isn't going to say no to an old dealer! I know Full Compass was pened up back when Audio indepence was the distributor because I sold The Madison Civic center a bunch of Audient Graphics!
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

The other thing is PAD wouldn't want to discount because it would get the other dealers mad (dealers really don't like it when the distributer sells direct for less then map and prefer if they sell at list)!
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

there's a difference between a dealer and a distributer. A distributer sells to dealers, and a dealer sells to the end user. A lot of times the distributers won't sell to the end user.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search