The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
James Blunt Grand Piano
Old 14th March 2006
Here for the gear

James Blunt Grand Piano

I heard the James Blunt -CD for the first time, and ask myself for the whole time, how strange the grand-piano-sound in some of the songs sounded, and whether it is was real grand piano (what FX) or not. To me it seems there is a artificial chorus-FX on it. (sounds so big). I am interested in any opinion what do you think they recorded a real one or not.
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Maniac

From what I've read its a real piano recorded in a bath room.
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Maniac

"When Fisher heard Blunt needed a crib to crash at while recording, she duly obliged.
One of the more luxurious aspects of the Fisher residence was the piano in the bathroom.
It was the spot where Blunt recorded his personal favourite
and indeed the album's standout track; the poignant, Buckley-esque You're Beautiful."

"James recorded Back to Bedlam in L.A. while lodging with actress Carrie Fisher.
His most recent single, Goodbye My Lover, was recorded on the piano Fisher kept in her bathroom."
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Head

"It was the spot where Blunt recorded his personal favourite
and indeed the album's standout track; the poignant, Buckley-esque You're Beautiful."

Money spinner, yes, and half the world seems to like it, but "Buckley-esque"???? I'm sorry, has anyone compared a Jeff Buckley lyric with a James Blunt lyric lately? And they sure as hell weren't talking about the voices.
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Maniac

This album was recently voted in the UK "the worst album of the year".

I can't say I disagree.
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

James Blunt's Grand Piano....

should be hoisted high up in the air and dropped on his head.

sorry.

not a violent person at ALL. i just cannot stand to hear that stupid corny song one more time.
Old 14th March 2006
Gear Maniac

Relax guys. This is a thread about piano sounds, not James Blunt bashing. There's already a thread like that in the Moan Zone. Go post there.
Old 14th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianfreefall
Buckley-esque You're Beautiful.
Umm...no.

HOWEVER, hopefully this comment will prompt a few readers to check out Buckley. I remember as a wee tyke hearing that Whitesnake and Kingdom Come were "Zeppelinesque" at times (this sort of thing prompted JPJ to say that "Zeppelinesque" bands were fond of ripping off one song, 'cause nobody could really f*&k with the ENTIRETY of their legacy). Jeez, once I started playing Houses of the Holy, I was wearing out the LP and reading Hammer of the Gods.

I saw JB (oh, s&*t, they have the same initials!) on Oprah the other day -- his singing was solid, esp. for somebody who said he flew from the the UK just to be there (i.e.: jet lag, etc.). And it was no band, no earpiece/in-ear -- definitely not tracks. I can't say I'm a fan, but there's a lot of worse stuff out there for kids to be listening to.

BTW, the follow-up song he played on the piano after the commercial break...I thought it was lacking a "hit factor." But, then again, WTF do I know?

"We only make the bomb, we do not drop it!" <-- From a British '80's TV show. Anybody who knows which show this quote is from is worthy of nerd-hero worship or near-stupidity for watching too much late night TV (assuming it's even on anymore). It's still one of my favorite quotes from TV, even if it is a little melodramatic.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search