The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Auratone 5C
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Addict

Auratone 5C

I have a friend who has got a pair of Auratone 5C's that I can get off him for what I think is a good price.

I'm currently in the game for some more monitors to check my mixes on (these wont be my main monitors) but I'm a bit worried they won't be what I'm looking for, I have no way of testing to see if they are the Hi-Fi/small speaker sound I'm looking for.

So my question is how much could I expect to get for them if I was to resell them in the UK in case they dont work out for me. I know a few years ago they were going for £300 a pair used but I'm not sure they are that sought after these days.
Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear

Someone has a pair on ebay UK for £490 at the moment, but that seems more than a little optimistic!

The new Behritone active ripoffs are just being shipped to dealers now so depending on reviews this could drop the value of them. (C5-£140/C50-157)
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Guru
There is a damn good reason the 5c has been an industry standard for a long time. They are just fantastic at what they do- which is tell you the truth about the midrange.
You basically use your mains to get sounds and the Auratones to set fader balances and do automation passes. A winning combination.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search