The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Songs from the Shed
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Maniac

Songs from the Shed

Anyone know this place? Or know Jon, the owner? Is he an engineer, or just a good entrepreneur?
I'm wondering what the attraction is.

Ramshackle World War One building used as a recording studio is crowned shed of the year | Mail Online

SONGS FROM THE SHED - UNIQUE ACOUSTIC SESSIONS - LATEST SESSION

Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear

I think that newspaper article does it a disservice saying all those musicians have 'recorded' there. What they've done is 'fimed' there.

I may be wrong, but it looks its just a place to shoot video/youtube clips live. Not a recording studio - and I don't think the owner makes any claim that it is. Are there any audio clips at all? It looks to me like its all video, with the audio just recorded directly into a video camera's built-in mic.

There a quite a few similar things online, like singer-songwriters playing in the backs of taxi cabs etc etc
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymilton View Post
I think that newspaper article does it a disservice saying all those musicians have 'recorded' there. What they've done is 'fimed' there.

I may be wrong, but it looks its just a place to shoot video/youtube clips live. Not a recording studio - and I don't think the owner makes any claim that it is. Are there any audio clips at all? It looks to me like its all video, with the audio just recorded directly into a video camera's built-in mic.

There a quite a few similar things online, like singer-songwriters playing in the backs of taxi cabs etc etc
Thanks binarymilton. Damn, that's some fine business. Booked out for six months in advance!
Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear

does he actually charge though?
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Maniac

The site doesn't say, but it looks like he doesn't. Nice one.

"The Guardian Music and Film section call SFTS "A labour of love"
......there is no artiface or industry feel about it, it is just a genuine guy who loves music in his garden shed." David Rotheray

".........2010's answer to Abbey Road." The Times

".... it's like going back to Sun Studios." Tony Livesey Radio 5

".......the shed is just a brilliant idea!" Lynn Parsons Radio 2

"This is wonderful.... you're doing a great job for music. Thank you." Bob Harris
"This is Jon's little shed... and for me, seeing it, being invited in, is special." Steve Harley

"The UK's New Folk Sensation !" Songlines Magazine

Old 8th July 2011
Lives for gear

ha, nice to see the magazine I work for last on that list of quotes...
Old 8th July 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by binarymilton View Post
ha, nice to see the magazine I work for last on that list of quotes...
You're the Editor, where's the byline?heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search