The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
replacement for Boss-LS2 Effects Pedals, Units & Accessories
Old 7th July 2011
Here for the gear

replacement for Boss-LS2

As a bassist, most overdrives/distortions suck out my low end and most filters and synth related effects make my low end muddy. I've been remedying this by using a Boss-LS2 and blending the channels together. My A channel is just a clean signal and the B channel has my effects in it. I also had it modded to be true-bypass when the pedal is off. The downside to this is that when it's on, my signal it hitting that boss circuitry and I can tell a noticeable difference in tone. What would be the best replacement for what I'm using this for?
Old 7th July 2011
Probably you want a Radial Switchbone ... Tonebone Switchbone - introduction

You haven't given much information to go on ... live? studio? amp? DI?

I've assumed this is a live amp and the FX are guitar level ...

For studio, I like passive bass direct into DI and/or Preamp - no splitters or anything to mess with the pickup impedance. I prefer to split at line level - some preamps have multiple outputs, e.g. balanced & unbalanced etc.

No single "right" solution ...
Old 7th July 2011
Cheaper, and true bypass, but arguably not as good ... Radial BigShot ABY true bypass AB-Y switcher
Old 9th July 2011
Here for the gear

thanks for the links, but let me give a little more information. I run straight to a DI so the beauty of the LS-2 is that I can blend together my clean and distorted channels and send it out in one 1/4" signal into my DI. Both of the links you guys posted let me split my signal into two, but doesn't loop them back into the pedal and allow for level adjustment when running straight to a DI. Any other ideas?
Old 9th July 2011
Lives for gear

Have you looked at the Pigtronix Keymaster?

Brad

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search