The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Using a Salesperson
Old 29th June 2011
Gear Addict

Using a Salesperson

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried hiring a professional salesperson (either someone in the music industry or not) to help drive business to their studio, and if so, if they had much luck with this.

Thanks!
Old 29th June 2011
Lives for gear

nope
but if i did it would be 100% commission
i am skeptical that they can bring in business that i cant get with advertising
Old 30th June 2011
Lives for gear
Just fulfilling a need will not be enough - customers have to know that you are there. You are going to have to make a real sales effort. Nearly all studios are run by people who should not be allowed within 100 miles of a business and have no idea how to get a marketing effort on its legs and how to listen to the customers.

Paul Robson of finance company Media Lease, once told me "Too many studios think all they have to do is fill a room full of kit, put up a pretty website and wait for the customers to come rolling in. Life isn’t like that! If you spend one day a year on the phone, talking to prospective customers, that would be one day very well spent. One day a month would be even better. Better still, get a professional sales person to come in one or two days a month and sell the studio properly. But get them to note down any reasons for not wanting to use your studio and pay close attention to what they say! Just doing something as simple as that could turn your business around!"
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search