The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
A-Designs atty2d problem
Old 10th March 2006

A-Designs atty2d problem

hi

I recently bought an atty2d passive volume control of a gearslutz member.

I have found that when you turn the volume down low the volume change isn't equal and one channel zero's out before the other causing the stereo image to swing to one side, which renders it pretty much useless as a passive volume control.

I have emailed A-designs but they haven't replied. not good.

I haven't opened it up yet to have a look, does anyone know wether this might be user adjustable, or have I got a faulty unit? I haven't got a manual.

narco
Old 10th March 2006
Jai guru deva om

Personal suggestion: call A Designs and talk to Peter.

Now, at lower levels those pots are almost always going to have some sway from left to right. However, it sounds as though you have one that is pretty extreme. For about the first 30% of the turn I've found most will float about 1db average apart and then pull together quite nicely towards the upper end of the turn (usually within .1dB to dead even @ wide open position). I have recorded the output of 6 ATTY's to test them so that I could play back the results and these were my findings.

I think you have an extreme case.

War
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco
hi

I recently bought an atty2d passive volume control of a gearslutz member.

I have found that when you turn the volume down low the volume change isn't equal and one channel zero's out before the other causing the stereo image to swing to one side, which renders it pretty much useless as a passive volume control.

I have emailed A-designs but they haven't replied. not good.

I haven't opened it up yet to have a look, does anyone know wether this might be user adjustable, or have I got a faulty unit? I haven't got a manual.

narco
Hello Narco,

I have not received an email from you BUT that doesn't mean it didn't get caught up in the spam blocker.
I'm sorry about that but we do receive 100s of junk and spam emails on a daily bases.

Feel free to call me and I will give you the information needed to ship the unit back to me for a look see and repair.

You can call the number on our website @

www.adesignsaudio.com

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
www.adesignsaudio.com
Old 10th March 2006

thanks, I know emails can get lost by spam blockers. My main issue is that I'm not in the US so I can't phone so easily, and I can't send it back very easily, I'll email you but I thought I'd put that here in case it doesn't get through again

have also pm'd just now too

thanks
narco
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by narco
thanks, I know emails can get lost by spam blockers. My main issue is that I'm not in the US so I can't phone so easily, and I can't send it back very easily, I'll email you but I thought I'd put that here in case it doesn't get through again

thanks
narco
Hi Narco,

I will be looking for your PM then.

Thank you,
Peter Montessi
A Designs Audio
www.adesignsaudio.com

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search