The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Charging/Billing Your Clients???
Old 10th March 2006
Gear Addict

Charging/Billing Your Clients???

How do you usually charge your clients? I have them pay up front before the session starts... I might give them a couple minutes once their time is up... and if they want to continue they can pay up like an arcade machine... but I figure billing them would have them be "less aware" that they are spending money. So how do you bill them for their time?
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

You should make up a contract with your rates and an overtime charge. I usually make them commit to a certain amount of time and then work out an additional hourly rate. I think paying up front is actually a smarter thing to do. Trying to chase down money is the worst thing ever. Just get everything in writing and deal with it upfront, then there can be no arguements.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search