The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
New Drum Room! Wow! It's all about the ROOM!
Old 10th March 2006
New Drum Room! Wow! It's all about the ROOM!

So we just built a new more live sounding drum room then our old dead as hell room. It is all sheet rock and cement floor right now but it sounds great! I have never recorded in a bigger live room and now I just get pissed about all the time I struggled for good rock drums. We are just going to paint it like it is I think. The ceiling is traped a bit. I just cant get over how much better the toms sound. I also tried elec guitar in the room with success. I have become pretty crafty with reverb use since I've recorded in mainly dead rooms. So combined I really am getting some good stuff. It is all about the room. well the room, the drummer, the kit, the mics, the engineer......but first the room!!!
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by opus
well the room, the drummer, the kit, the mics, the engineer......but first the room!!!

you forgot the preamps and eq/sthumbsup
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear
Quote:
So we just built a new more live sounding drum room then our old dead as hell room. It is all sheet rock and cement floor right now but it sounds great! I have never recorded in a bigger live room and now I just get pissed about all the time I struggled for good rock drums. We are just going to paint it like it is I think. The ceiling is traped a bit. I just cant get over how much better the toms sound. I also tried elec guitar in the room with success. I have become pretty crafty with reverb use since I've recorded in mainly dead rooms. So combined I really am getting some good stuff. It is all about the room. well the room, the drummer, the kit, the mics, the engineer......but first the room!!!
Do you have any pics you could post of your new room
Old 10th March 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by superburtm
you forgot the preamps and eq/sthumbsup
Oh yes, the pre's and EQ IF you need EQ. I gt to choose between 4000G's, E's and Neve 1073's. Hey that rhymes!
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

What studio are you? A band I work with here (Article 13) is going out there to finish some drum recordings this month I believe. Do you know of them (Mark H. is the singer/songwriter for the band)

Pictures of your room would be killer! The live room is a huge part of great sounds
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Opus, not many of us KC guys on here. Drop me a line, I'd love to check out your place.
Old 10th March 2006
Gear Guru
Congrats on the room.

Just wait till you get some horns in there!
Old 10th March 2006
Gear Guru

Quote:
What is the size of the room? Pictures would be great to see.. You have no bass trapping at all in the room?

Glenn
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Congrats!
Have fun learning the sweet spots!
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

No dimensions? No pics? Boy, you really do know how to tease a slut!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search