The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
m audio projectMix i/o???
Old 10th March 2006
Here for the gear

m audio projectMix i/o???

did somebody use or is using this gear??
what do you think about it?
is it good or not?

Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

Just got mine today. I replaced a MOTU 2408MK3. It seems to soundsbetter than the MOTU, so I'm happy enough about that. The mic pres sound fine, I intend to use them for drums. The install was painless, everything worked right out of the box. I am running Cubase SX 2.0 and it does the job very well.

I only have a few hours on it so far I'm re-wiring my patchbay at present, - but initial impressions are good.
Old 10th March 2006
Lives for gear

I've had mine for a few weeks now and it has worked great. Very easy to set up and has worked flawlessly controlling pro tools. I've never used a control surface and am now MUCH more apt to go through the tedium of automating mixes, which naturally translates to much more dynamic mixes!

I'm using it with outboard pres (Great River ME-1NV and a Chandler Germanium on the way) and will likely step up to outboard a/d/a asap, but for the price this thing is hard to beat. Honestly, I'm not certain how the onboard pres sound as I have yet to track through them. The A/D/A is nothing spectacular, but as good as any other interface I've heard.

Mine was under a grand and came with the FULL version of Live 5. PT 7 was an extra $200...

All in all, I think it is one of the best priced solutions out there with total compatibility (i.e. Pro Tools!!) and enough I/O that you won't grow out of it. I don't see how Digi can keep selling the 002 at twice the cost or the Command surface at the same cost with this on the market at this price...

One more thing...as I understand it, the M-Audio control panel provides metering control for the level of the SPDIF signal output. What I think this means, is that you can use the software as a monitor controller when using outboard D/A without having to buy a hardware monitor controller that will degrade the sound of your D/A...THAT is pretty cool!

Best,
Chris
Old 10th March 2006
Jai guru deva om

We've been using one here and it's pretty decent stuff for sure. Decent conversion, decent pres, decent control over lots of different software.

War
Old 10th March 2006
Gear Guru

I just finally got mine hooked up in basic form.

They need a dust cover!

Still haven't tried my BG-1 through it.

What kind of luck are you guys having running outboard +4 pres?

Supposedly the PMIO line inputs are -10 while the XLR's are +4

One other question.

I know you should not hot plug an M-Audio F/W device in or out of your F/W inputs, but wonder if turning it on and off while already connected to your running CPU is a problem?
Old 10th March 2006
Here for the gear

ok!!ql!
thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search