The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Owners of the FMR RNC 1773...
Old 8th March 2006
Gear Addict

Owners of the FMR RNC 1773...

What settings do you like to use on your FMR RNC for different things like vocals, overall mixes, bass, etc.

Since the graphics around the knobs are not too specific, communicate by stating the hour hand position of a clock, e.g. knob set to 12:00, etc.

I was surprised the RNC didn't come with any sample settings in the owners manual.

Thanks for any help, ideas, or insight!
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddyleewannabe
What settings do you like to use on your FMR RNC for different things like vocals, overall mixes, bass, etc.

Since the graphics around the knobs are not too specific, communicate by stating the hour hand position of a clock, e.g. knob set to 12:00, etc.

I was surprised the RNC didn't come with any sample settings in the owners manual.

Thanks for any help, ideas, or insight!

I like the ones that sound right for the track.
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

I'd use the settings I'd normally use for any compressor for whatever application I was currently applying it to.

Honestly, your statement is a little too broad. Perhaps you'd like to express what kind of sound you're trying to achieve? If settings on any processor could be generalized as such, why would they bother putting dials on them at all?
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geddyleewannabe
I was surprised the RNC didn't come with any sample settings in the owners manual.!
Check again. The Fmr manual does give you sample settings. A good start point.
Old 8th March 2006
Lives for gear

I like it on snare tracks in normal mode. Medium Ratio, Attack that let's the punch come through, short release, Treshold till it snaps.
That's the only thing I use this comp for. I was never really sucessful with RNC on vocals or complete mixes.
Old 8th March 2006
Gear Guru

I took the RNC out of my studio and put it in my guitar rack. Pretty cool there.
Old 9th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSweetener
I like it on snare tracks in normal mode. Medium Ratio, Attack that let's the punch come through, short release, Treshold till it snaps.
That's the only thing I use this comp for. I was never really sucessful with RNC on vocals or complete mixes.
Agree. Although i also like on the overheads. Just 4 dbs reductions. Slow attack, short release, 3:1 ratio, normal mode. That´s were i like it better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search