The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Worth Buying UAD Plate 140 if i have Waves IR? Reverb & Delay Plugins
Old 6th March 2006
Gear Addict

Worth Buying UAD Plate 140 if i have Waves IR?

I just demoed the UAD Plate 140 and thought it was great, but i also just got Waves IR. I was all set to buy the Plate 140 but im hearing that the Waves IR can basically do anything. So is it worth still buying the Plate 140 or will the Waves IR be able to get me whatever i want. Also if it can are there any EMT Plate emulations for the Waves IR out. Thanks guys.
Old 6th March 2006
Lives for gear

yes it's worth it.
Old 6th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DP40oz
..... im hearing that the Waves IR can basically do anything. will the Waves IR be able to get me whatever i want. Also if it can are there any EMT Plate emulations for the Waves IR out. Thanks guys.

Save your money!

Have you tried here?

http://www.acoustics.net/ir/ir_samp.asp?ir_id=149

And check here for 32 bit UAD 140 Plate Preset Responses and other good stuff.
(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

http://translate.google.com/translat...UTF-8%26sa%3DN
Old 6th March 2006
Lives for gear

IMHO, Plate 140 is one of the best UAD-1 plugins. If you already have the card, it's a no brainer considering the marginal cost. I really like the IR-L and use it much, but for the lead vocal I prefer the UAD-1 plate to the Waves supplied plate impulses, at least. Plus, your CPU will thank you.
Old 6th March 2006
Gear Addict

Will those work with SIR?

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw
Save your money!

Have you tried here?

http://www.acoustics.net/ir/ir_samp.asp?ir_id=149

And check here for 32 bit UAD 140 Plate Preset Responses and other good stuff.
(scroll down to the bottom of the page)

Old 6th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujo
Will those work with SIR?

Waves will not - it's proprietary to their IR plug, however the 32bit UAD samples should as they are generic .wav files.
Old 6th March 2006
Motown legend

You can download a much better set of 140 impulses from their web site.

For some unknown reason the IR-1 defaults to its least efficient mode. You can reduce the cpu power required drastically by reducing the convolution length and using the efficient version along with the "low cpu" button. The "full" version also lets you calculate decay times longer than the sample size set which gives you another huge efficiency boost.
Old 7th March 2006
Gear Addict

Thanks, whos site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson

For some unknown reason the IR-1 defaults to its least efficient mode. You can reduce the cpu power required drastically by reducing the convolution length and using the efficient version along with the "low cpu" button. The "full" version also lets you calculate decay times longer than the sample size set which gives you another huge efficiency boost.
Old 7th March 2006
Old 7th March 2006
Lives for gear

I posted the Waves link in my first reply, remember you have to be a registered user to download te IR's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Olhsson
Bob have you tried the EchoChamber UAD 140 preset responses,? I have not yet. Are they poor quality?
Old 7th March 2006
Gear Addict

Ah, I was wonderign if there were any good SIR plates imnpulses out there.
So, you can add impulses to the UAD 14O? I am confused.
Old 7th March 2006
Lives for gear

I have both, and while they are both decent, I prefer the UAD-1 plate to the IR-1 impulse.

Also, the IR-1 is so much of a drain on the CPU, it is really frustrating to use at higher sample rates. About one instance is all I can run, so I use it for other stuff like ambience or small room stuff for drum mixes, and use the UAD-1 plate for vox/guitar, etc.
Old 7th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ah, I was wonderign if there were any good SIR plates imnpulses out there.
So, you can add impulses to the UAD 14O? I am confused.
The UAD 140 Plate emulation is Not a convolution based App it is a very good realistic 'emulation'.

This UAD emulation has been sampled for use in convolution based apps such as Waves IR, Logic Pro's Spacedesigner and others.

Don't know much about SIR but you should be able to just import the impulse reponses of the UAD 140 and use them in it.

ps. Yes you can import impulse responses into SIR , Sooo, go here scroll down to the bottom of the page, download and unpack the .wav impulse responses, import them into SIR and er....enjoy.

Old 7th March 2006
Gear Addict

Nice one!
These sould all work in the SIR type of things?
Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noiseflaw
The UAD 140 Plate emulation is Not a convolution based App it is a very good realistic 'emulation'.

This UAD emulation has been sampled for use in convolution based apps such as Waves IR, Logic Pro's Spacedesigner and others.

Don't know much about SIR but you should be able to just import the impulse reponses of the UAD 140 and use them in it.

ps. Yes you can import impulse responses into SIR , Sooo, go here scroll down to the bottom of the page, download and unpack the .wav impulse responses, import them into SIR and er....enjoy.

Old 7th March 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Nice one!
These sould all work in the SIR type of things?
Thanks again!

I have Waves IR and Spacedesigner - I use a Mac and cannot use SIR.

Let me know if you can use the UAD 140 impulse resonses in SIR and how they sound.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search