The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Static and Fuzz on my channels/PBay? mp3 attached Condenser Microphones
Old 6th June 2011
Gear Maniac

Static and Fuzz on my channels/PBay? mp3 attached

Hey all ... I just had my 96 point TT patchbay wired up from a very seasoned engineer. All WAS working well until I got in this am to record some vocals and when I ran my iFet 7 through it, I got a LOT of static/fuzz/noise. i thought maybe the mic was acting up so I switched mics. Same issue.
I switched pre amps, same issue. I've swapped everything and I'm getting the SAME issue.
I'm attaching a small mp3 of what the sound is in case my description doesn't do justice.

Any thoughts on what this is?

any help is greatly appreciated
Attached Files

Fuzz Clip.mp3 (253.5 KB, 824 views)

Old 6th June 2011
Gear Maniac

so, my dynamic mic(s) are working fine through the bay but any mic that requires 48v isn't. What could be wrong with the bay?

I know i did some research on running 48v through a bay and some say "ok" some say "not ok" ... but then why do ALL big studios have a bay where they're running 48v mics through their bay?

any help is greatly appreciated....I spent about 20 hours on this thing already and I dont wanna have to tear my studio up again and rewire if no needed :(
Old 2nd August 2013
Gear Nut
Can anyone out there offer an explanation to the OP's problem? I am currently having the exact same issue.
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search