The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
H/W buffer error try increasing....
Old 3rd June 2011
H/W buffer error try increasing....

Hey everyone,

So my current setup is this:

MBP 15 i7 2.66ghz
8GB RAM
external firewire hd - gdrive 2tb
Saffire 24 connected to firewire via daisy chain through hard drive
Pro tools 9.0.1

Whenever I am working on even a small project, I keep getting the "increase the h/w buffer size' error. It is already at max (2048 samples), cpu usage is limited to 85%, and 2processors. All the other settings there are default.

What do I do? What is causing this? Could it be the fact i have the hard drive and soundcard on the same firewire port? I know the saffire is only FW400 and the HD is FW800.

My sessions are in 96/24; could that be too much drain on the resources?

I'm not recording anything, just post-work. It's getting very frustrating, and any help would be much appreciated
Old 3rd June 2011
Here for the gear

You might try switching the path of your firewire chain. And put the hardrive first. I belive the I series procrssors should also sho options for up to 4 cores being used. Try increasing it to three and lowering the buffer down. Do you have the ADC turned on?
I have been having lots of trouble with a (-6101) error code on my 15" MPB i5 ever since the latest OS update. I should have disabled the automatic updating but forgot this somehow. Did you just recently update the OS?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Gearslutz.com App
Old 3rd June 2011
Sorry, I didn't make it clear lol. It goes mbp-hd-saffire. Sadly there is no extra fw port on the saffire to change the order.

I had been told not to use more the half the cpus; i will try that out. Should i keep the % the same, or lower it? ADC is turned off, and I'm not sure if I updated recently; i haven't updated to the latest PT either; i was hesitating cause I was working on a project. I'm done that now so I will try that too (unless anyone has gotten more errors lol).

Anyome else got any more ideas? I won't be able to try anything out till later tonight, so the more I get to try the better!

Thanks!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search