The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tascam US-800 or Focusrite Saffire Pro 24?
Old 3rd June 2011

Tascam US-800 or Focusrite Saffire Pro 24?

Hi, I'm trying to decide between the Tascam US-800 and the Focusrite Saffire pro 24. I heard that Focusrite's mic preamps have a really good reputation, but the Tascam has more XLR inputs which i prefer. My question is, will the sound quality really be better on the Focusrite? or maybe it doesn't matter in this price range? Quality and quiet pres are my main concern. If the sound is really better on the Focusrite, i'm definitely going for it.

I know that Focusrite also have the Pro 40 for the XLR count, but its the same preamps as the 24 so the question still stands because the Tascam is cheaper.
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

I've not used the Tascam unit. I own a Pro 24 and it's dead quiet, well-built, and easy to work with. I've been extremely happy with it after doing a ton of research before buying. If you want more inputs later, it has a lightpipe in, and Focusrite offers a couple of nice 8-channel mic pres at good prices.
Old 3rd June 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travst View Post
I've not used the Tascam unit. I own a Pro 24 and it's dead quiet, well-built, and easy to work with. I've been extremely happy with it after doing a ton of research before buying. If you want more inputs later, it has a lightpipe in, and Focusrite offers a couple of nice 8-channel mic pres at good prices.
Yeh, i know about the lightpipe. But thats exactly why i'm thinking about the Tascam, it already got a 6 xlr/combo inputs, and in a great price, almost too cheap. So i gotta know if the Focusright's sound quality is better.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search