The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Name of cable from 888 to mac card?
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Name of cable from 888 to mac card?

What's the name of this cable? D-sub? The one that connects the unit to the card in the mac. Cheers.
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Umm. I guess it would depend on the card. I know for a fact that on the HD systems I work on that the only way you can connect a 888 is via the "Legacy Peripheral" plug on the back of a 192.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Maniac
Ngr's Avatar

digilink cable
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks. The manual doesn't really give a name, legacy cable or y cable is used a lot.

Would any shops stock this or is it basically obsolete? In London area so lots of pro audio shops.. just need to connect another 888 (mix system).
Old 3rd June 2011
Digidesign 888 888/24 Interface Cable DIGILINK | eBay UK

Or contact Tech Earth, FX rentals or Avid themselves...
Old 3rd June 2011
Lives for gear

Thanks psycho, great suggestion I'll try them now!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Similar Threads
Thread Starter / Forum
dave999z / So Much Gear, So Little Time

Forum Jump
Forum Jump