The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
How to change a lame song into a golden one.
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Nut

How to change a lame song into a golden one.

Okay, how do you actually take a VERY lame ass song and turn it
into a very musical and thrilling experience?

Watch these bastards and enjoy!

Be careful for it will easily linger in your head for a while...

Cheers

Edit: For the ones that don't recognise the original: Just Dance by Ladio GaGa
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

HOooooooooooolly daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!

First thanx for sharing.... now this is what I call "TALENT". Real musicians and Amazing singer.

Who are these guys? I believe just a matter of time before they are popular if not already

Wooooooooow, just wanna repeat and repeat

LOOP time ,

cheers!

EDIT: Dammmmmmmn love the voice texture of this singer woooooooooooooow!!!
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Nut

They are from Stockholm, Sweden.
Don't know much about them, but that they PLAY like champs!
Hope they'll make an album soon...
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

Am I the only one who think that they turned a dance classic into a lame song?
And where's that thread about fakery in today's music.......
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Nut

LMAO @ the 1:00 mark when he gets really into it - nice

I actually didn't really recognize what it was until the chorus haha

And Solid, this track may not get people on the floor dancing, but that wasn't the point...and even if it was they'd do a better job than Gaga live.
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtube View Post
Me too. Absolutely hated it.
Old 31st May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidtube View Post
That's what I thought too, they totally destroyed a good song. They can't do a better job than her live, no way.

Old 31st May 2011
Gear Addict

Wow!

Tough crowd.
I can't play that bass part either.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

I like both.
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Addict

both makes me vomit
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

bass was killer.
Old 31st May 2011
Can't argue with the bassist really. Though of course we all know that any bass with more than 4 strings is being used to compensate for something :-) The song doesn't do much for me, even though I'd love to be able to play any of those instruments as well as they do.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

Well...

This is the typical: We`re a bunch of students who are genius:es in playing and now we take on a main stream song and make it swing as a final project before graduating... Only problem is:
1. Gaga ROCKS!
2. If they would make "Friday" interesting they`d won me over...
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerouac View Post
Me too. Absolutely hated it.
+1 - kinda made me think of Stevie Wonder (and not the Stevie Wonder stuff I enjoy heh)
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by superwack View Post
+1 - kinda made me think of Stevie Wonder (and not the Stevie Wonder stuff I enjoy heh)
agreed
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Lago View Post
They can't do a better job than her live, no way.

You really don't see anything fishy about that video?

Look at the lower half of the screen after the 1:00 mark when you can really start to see where their hands are on the keyboards and be amazed at the studio overdubs ; )

FWIW, I'm not sure the other video is entirely free of that either, the yell at the end had a reverb with a different texture. But it could just be the acoustics of the room.

I'm not saying Gaga doesn't have talent. I've seen some clips of her playing acoustic piano that I think are complety real and beautiful. The bone I have to pick is with the end result of what comes out on her singles. Maybe I can dance to it, sure, but I'd never listen to Just Dance in any other context. That's not so bad for a song with that title - the problem is I can apply the same thought to all of her other commercial music. : /
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

These guys can play. Funky.
Reminds me a bit of mezzoforte but with vocals.
Amazing vocalist.

I hope they make it big.

Im no fan of lady gaga so i did not recognize the song.
Old 31st May 2011
Not to get OT, but just the kind of look of that first video reminded me of this one by El Ten Eleven, which is more what I would consider extremely interesting music being played live by a couple people:

BTW, the guitarist/basist is using a looper of course and building up parts as he goes. When you hear what two people really playing live in the studio sounds like, it becomes obvious how tweaked something like that first video really is.

To me, something like this, which is about vibe and atmosphere is just so much more interesting than the whole inhumanly tight, never make a mistake type thing.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Z View Post

FWIW, I'm not sure the other video is entirely free of that either, the yell at the end had a reverb with a different texture. But it could just be the acoustics of the room.

: /
Those background vox are clearly coming from an overdub.... Maybe that's what the singer is listening to; he's the only one with cans in the video. Looks like a video recording of a session synced with a final mix.

Regardless, the video of the playing seems to sync with the audio....

No doubt these guys have chops.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annalogatta View Post
They are from Stockholm, Sweden.
Don't know much about them, but that they PLAY like champs!
Hope they'll make an album soon...

Ive been listening to them for a while, wish theyd come over to the states somehow. I know they just started their tour, but not sure on dates and everything. Would love to buy something physical from them.

Check out their myspace, their playlist there has a few songs that arent on youtube.

EDIT: Gagas song sucks and just bores me, makes me feel like I turned on a radio station still playing pop hits from the early 90s. This one is so much more better and actually exciting, I naturally just get into. All preference of course, but Dirty Loops > Gaga.

Fakery in the videos? Who cares. These guys are amazing live. Usually when I hear that a pop artist is amazing live, it turns out being kind of sub-standard, like "Eh, really?" But then again, people seem amazed now and days if a pop artists can even write some of her own songs. The bar is set high.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

I'm a fan of Dirty Loops for months now and they are really amazing !

check their britney spears cover :

Old 1st June 2011

Me?

I think thats absolutely amazing BUT the actual vibe of it is exactly the kind of music that makes me want to sleep. So an incredible talent - but talented in something I don't want to hear - reminds me one one of those bands you get at trade shows..... awesome and **** at the same time. Bit like that old saying about inventing nuclear weapons "so involved with whether we COULD do it , but never thought to think whether we SHOULD" heh
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Not sure about "thrilling", but the musicianship is good.

But that frustrates me... I get pop songs from crap artists who can't even really sing (not talking about Gaga) stuck in my head because they really are so damn catchy, and then I see people who can actually play well, and I'm not really excited about their music.
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Nut

The musicianship is pretty good. However, the song still sounds pretty lame.
Old 1st June 2011
Very impressed by the singer's chops.

Appalled by the arrangement. They took a song with great hooks and took the hooks out. There are lots of things I can say about this ("cheesy" comes to mind first), but in the end, it's just not for me.

The bass playing makes me want to vomit.
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Guru

Cool! I really liked that. Cool.
Old 1st June 2011
Lives for gear

I thought that slap bass was gone forever once Level 42 fell off the charts, now it's back again showing it's uggly head

Maybe good musicians, but boring like hell, I much prefer the original (and I not a Lady KaKa fan).
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Guru

You thought slap bass died with Level 42?? Man you have to expand your listening.
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Guru

I've never heard the original, but I really dig this. I don't even want to hear it.

What I find interesting is how so many people can be bored. There's so much fricking stuff going on. I get bored when there's not enough stuff to listen to or the patterns are too obvious and easy to grok.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search