The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Auralex - SpeakerDudes or MoPads? For Mackie HR824 Mk2
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Maniac

Auralex - SpeakerDudes or MoPads? For Mackie HR824 Mk2

Hello!

So I'm looking for some isopads for my Mackies HR824,

I'm choosing between this two:

Auralex SpeakerDudes Speaker Isolation Stands (MoPads) | eBay

Auralex MoPads Studio Monitor/Speaker Stands - MOPAD | eBay

I'm not sure witch one is better or witch will work better, the two pieces one or the one pieces.

Btw: The mackies have like 16Kg
Old 30th May 2011
Lives for gear

Never tried the SoeakerDudes but I love my MoPads.
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

They are also more cheaper, but I'm not sure if the difference between the surface of contact has any impact in the function of the pads
Old 31st May 2011
Their basically the same thing. One just comes in 2 pieces and I think that better than the one piece one. The 2 piece ones are more versatile
CJ
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Maniac

mmm so if the distribution of the weight doesn't affect the performance I will get the MoPads then, they are cheaper :P
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

There are some other pads that using a steel plate with the foam I forget the name but they aren't cheap!!They should be very easy to make a facsimile of.IMO the monitor stand has more to do with it than the pads though.
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Well, I don't have stands, I mean, disconnected stands, my stands are attached to my desk and racks.
Old 1st June 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButchP View Post
There are some other pads that using a steel plate with the foam I forget the name but they aren't cheap!!They should be very easy to make a facsimile of.IMO the monitor stand has more to do with it than the pads though.
They're called the Primacoustic Recoil Stabalizers
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObiK View Post
"We're sorry, but the product that you are searching for is sold out at this time, or is no longer available. For more information please "
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Primacoustic RX5 HF Recoil Stabilizer Pad (Flat) | eBay

US $89.99 Plus $65.35 for shipping to my country.

The price is ok, but the shipping is too expensive!
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

I think that with some ruber and the MoPad I can do the Primacoustic Recoil Stabalizers versión

http://hotimg25.fotki.com/a/64_131/208_60/Picture-4.jpg
Old 1st June 2011
I have those monitors, and the Mopads work fine for me. I don't really care so much about the decoupling though they probably do help. It's that these monitors don't have a grippy bottom surface. They are piano finish all around. YOu don't want that sitting on a hard surface. A) it'll move around over time probably and B) it'll scratch the finish.

So I use the Mopads to avoid those problems, and also to tilt them downwards since they are fairly large and when added to the height of the top tier of my desk the tweeters would be firing over my head if they weren't tilted.
Old 1st June 2011
Gear Maniac

Good point about the piano finish.

But the Recoils (or the DIY recoils) ones other ones have a rubbish surface, isn't hard mmm

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search