The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Gear for sale     Latest  Trending
Alternative to AmpFarm
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Maniac

Alternative to AmpFarm

Hey guys!

I'm looking for something equivalent to AmpFarm by Line6 (which is HD/TDM only to my knowledge), that I can run in PT9 native.

Any suggestions? I know it's not as good as an amp but I'm not using it for guitars for the most part. AmpFarm was what was recommended to me, but since I don't have PTHD I can't go that route.

Thanks!
Charlie
Old 30th May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darhgo View Post
Hey guys!

I'm looking for something equivalent to AmpFarm by Line6 (which is HD/TDM only to my knowledge), that I can run in PT9 native.

Any suggestions? I know it's not as good as an amp but I'm not using it for guitars for the most part. AmpFarm was what was recommended to me, but since I don't have PTHD I can't go that route.

Thanks!
Charlie
why not google "amp sim" or similar?! List as long as your arm... Sansamp and Eleven LE come with PT9.
Old 30th May 2011
As long as you've got a stellar DI/preamp chain, Eleven is awesome. I use it with an A Deigns REDDI into either a Pacifica or a 1073. Really fantastic sounds.
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Maniac

1+ on Digi Eleven though I find that I need more Pre-Eq with it than I do with my other amp sim, waves GTR Solo. The waves package is cheaper and you get some decent stomp box models too (Including a boss style harmonizer!). I'd check that one out.

You can download a Waves demo but be forewarned how convoluted the demo process is and you'll never escape their followup sales emails.
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Head

Also NI Guitar Rig, and IK Amplitube
Old 30th May 2011
Lives for gear

AmpliTube 3 FREE is a great choice that you can try out for, well free.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear
How about POD Farm by line 6? I think it's pretty great especially the vintage models, it has great diversity of tones that sound pretty good. My favorites are in no specific order..

TH2
Peavey
Pod farm

I use all three of these a lot as a guitar player. I have a marshall half stack sitting here that doesn't get much use...actually selling it this week because I don't need it really. However on some things you' can't beat the real deal, but no one has noticed if i use sims or not. I usually use a api 512c which is killer or great river with one of the three mentioned above. Use to really like guitar rig, but the other ones i mentioned seem a lot better imo.
Old 31st May 2011
POD Farm gets the job done.
Old 31st May 2011
What is TH2 Matt? I missed that one, yes love Peavey3
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronsmith View Post
What is TH2 Matt? I missed that one, yes love Peavey3
Overloud TH2
www.overloud.com

I really like the distortion on this plug. It doesn't sound as digital fizzy as some of the others and it can have a big sound with cool customizable settings.
Old 31st May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittonian View Post
As long as you've got a stellar DI/preamp chain, Eleven is awesome. I use it with an A Deigns REDDI into either a Pacifica or a 1073. Really fantastic sounds.
Agreed.
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

I used to think that using amp sims wasn't as good as a real amp.... until I found out that Steven Wilson used the POD kidney beans to record the ENTIRE album for Porcupine Tree's "Fear of a Blank Planet"...
Old 3rd June 2011
Gear Addict

http://www.scuffhamamps.com/

This new amp sim is cheap and has a certain something that I haven't found in the other ones (and I have tried most of them). Try the fully functional demo!

Sven

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search