The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Power Supply
Old 28th May 2011
Gear Head
Power Supply

Hi guys,
I have just purchased an Audix MXT1200 mixer without a power supply. It's takes 24v 5amps.
I have been recommended to get a 'power one' power supply made up for it. But living in NZ thats is proving difficult to source. Do Any of you guys recommend any manufactures over here that could make one up in to a box/ rack

Cheers
Old 29th May 2011
Gear Guru

modern switch mode PSU's have come a long way these days. even the ripple figures can be good. but there might be something very particular as to why they might not be appropriate I guess. be nice to know about that though.

I know (Mean Well) are supposed to make very reliable and efficient switch mode PSU's in any case.

they do a S-100F-24 which is rated at 24V 4.5 amp.

anyhow, best of luck in your search.
Old 29th May 2011
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muser View Post
modern switch mode PSU's have come a long way these days. even the ripple figures can be good. but there might be something very particular as to why they might not be appropriate I guess. be nice to know about that though.

I know (Mean Well) are supposed to make very reliable and efficient switch mode PSU's in any case.

they do a S-100F-24 which is rated at 24V 4.5 amp.

anyhow, best of luck in your search.
Okay. Thanks for the advise. I will look onto (Mean Well) and see if it fits the bill.
Cheers
Old 29th May 2011
Oli
Lives for gear

I've used MeanWell supplies, professionally and privately. I ran an amp from one for a while. It was fine. I think Soanar do these, and sell in NZ. You might have to find a retailer though. Don't know if they will do business with end users or not. JayCar is their retailer (I think) but JayCar don't stock a full range.

P.S. Maybe you can just find a MeanWell from an online retailer, actually.
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Head
Thanks for the advise. do you think they could run a console with no problems?
We have an account with Jaycar through work will see what they have.
Cheers
Old 30th May 2011
Gear Maniac

you could just sell the console to me and I'll make a powersupply for it...Haha!
Old 31st May 2011
Gear Head
I could...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search