The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Vintage maker summing boxes? Modular Synthesizers
Old 26th May 2011
Deleted User
Vintage maker summing boxes?

Vintage Summing Mixer Amplifier Neumann v475 Filtek Lawo Vintage Maker - Vintage Design

Are these high quality pieces? I'm loving the feature set of the Lawo summing box with m/s inserts.

Any feedback would be appreciated
Old 27th May 2011
Deleted User
Bump
Old 29th May 2011
Deleted User
Bump

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 31st May 2011
Here for the gear

I own a Lawo 32 channel summing with MS. Steel need to do a proper MS test, but the rest is as follows:
- resolution and stereo image: first thing I've noticed was that mix is "glued together". I have a feeling of working with a tape, like the nasty transients are smoother, thus allowing for a warmer mix. It has a certain "velvety" feel to it. I also have the feeling that haufe transformers generate additional harmonics, that make the impression of excellent equal frequency distribution all over the spectrum. Mix is not dull or over exited, just plain great analog sounding.
Stereo image is unbelivable. A huge step up from MiB (mix in a box). Bass frequencies are well balanced (from bottom mid all over to sub)

-headroom: it is obvious that there is more than enough headroom. I also have to discover how does the input overload sound like. So far I've been driving the signal through my RME DS converters, where I've selected the HIGH output (+10dbu) and still haven't been able to produce distortion (although, the higher input level might generate additional harmonics??). Output level rotary works great-no problem adjusting level to-tape.
Old 31st May 2011
Deleted User
That's fantastic.

Which card do you have on the output?

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 14th June 2011
Here for the gear

rme ADI-8 DS
Old 15th June 2011
Deleted User
I meant which output card on the vintagemaker summing box
Old 15th June 2011
Here for the gear

I use RME ADI-8 cards as outputs going into Lawo summing. For stereo conversion back into DAW I use apogee roseta 200. I also listen to the mix through rosseta.

signal chain is as follows:
32 separate tracks (via RME) into Lawo---) Lawo out into analog stereo in -rosseta 200, creating aux track in PT----)aux track in PT output back to rosseta (via Spidif) for listening

I hope it makes sense:-))
Old 15th June 2011
Deleted User
Input Transformers: 2x Pikatron
  • Output Transformers: 2x HAUFE
I just dug it up from the website.
Old 15th June 2011
Here for the gear

ok. Didn't know you were talking about transformers:-)
Old 27th September 2011
Gear interested

Absolutely over the moon with my Lawo Summing mixer from Paul. This is the second unit I have bought from him. Fast shipping, great price and the unit itself does wonders to your mix. Highly recommended.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search