The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Upgrading from PT8 LE to PT9 HD. Interface/gear suggestions
Old 3rd May 2011
Gear Nut

Upgrading from PT8 LE to PT9 HD. Interface/gear suggestions

I've just recently become aware that the new PT 9 HD is now a host based program. I've been running PT8 LE via my Apogee Rosetta 800 into my 003+ Rack and from what I'm hearing I can now do away completely with the very restrictive 003+ unit and run solely with my Apogee 800 utilizing its higher sample and bit rate potential. Say I were to upgrade tonight... could I take my 003+ out of the equation and hook firewire up straight to my Rosetta 800? and would I still be getting 8 channels of analogue and 8 channels of digitals ins to be running and converting a total of 16 channels with this one piece now?
Old 3rd May 2011
Lives for gear

I've just recently become aware that the new PT 9 HD is now a host based program.

Not quite correct...

There is now a PT 9 HD that still requires the TDM cards.

There is now a PT 9 HD Native that requires an Avid HD Native card.

There is now a PT 9 which is totally native, i.e., no Avid hardware is required. It does not have all of the functionality of either PT 9 HD or PT 9 HD Native. However, you can add the Complete Production Toolkit 2 and get all of the functionality of PT 9 HD minus anything that relies on the HD TDM cards.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search