The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
expanding saffire pro 40
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Head

expanding saffire pro 40

I posted this on the "Expanding Saffire Pro 40" thread, but I have received no answer... So I had to start a new one. I just had to...

I was originally looking at buying a Saffire Pro 24, but then I decided just to go with the Pro 40, for the 8 xlr's. I was originally thinking about adding an Octopre Mkii or the like to the 24 for 12 analogue in's, and then once I changed my mind and opted for the 40, for 16 (as I had hoped). Although, the 40 has only one adat optical in, supporting only four channels at 96khz. I would like 16 channels of 96khz, so would my best bet be buying a second Saffire Pro 40, and Daisy Chain them together? I'm thinking this would probably be the way to go, especially since the Pro 40 and the Octopre Mkii are the same price...

Summary:
One Saffire Pro 40 (8 xlr's) plus one Octopre Mkii (4 xlr's to adat @ 96khz) for a total of 12 xlr inputs... (unless there is a way to get 16 xlr's @ 96khz)

OR

Two Saffire Pro 40's (8 xlr's each) Daisy Chained together for a total of 16 xlr inputs, all @ 96khz...?

Please advise!

Thanks,
Andy

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search