The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
What is a good source/site to learn about...
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Addict

What is a good source/site to learn about...

I've recently purchased a few tube pres and and mics that people often mention swapping tubes to improve/change the sound. Where is good place to learn about tubes in terms of how to swap them, what kinds can be swapped, what different brands work/do, and where to purchase them?
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Google will probably help you with this.
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Addict

What's google?
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnreverb View Post
What's google?
Let me google that for you
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Head

Quote:
What's google?
You're kidding right?
Old 2nd May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by takman View Post
This might be the best use of this tool, I have ever witnessed.

Strong Move
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Addict

Darn it, I was supposed to ask which is better, an sm7 or ns10's and how they compare to u87ai's if my favorite singer used it in a video and I cant tell what kind of mic is it and if Michael Joly can mod it so my a/d converter can work as a gated reverb and make all the differance especially if a $3000 master clock is used made from parts of sm57s that we really couldnt tell if they were real or chinese knockoffs but they have to have that Neve sound, especially if a non plug in compressor is used in conjuction with a light bulb from a behringer pre used as light in the the opto limiter makes its sound warm with air at the top end.
Old 2nd May 2011
Here for the gear

If you didn't know there is a 'geekslutz' section to these forums you could try, also give the Sound On Sound forums a look. Clever folk over there too.
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Darn it, I was supposed to ask which is better, an sm7 or ns10's and how they compare to u87ai's if my favorite singer used it in a video and I cant tell what kind of mic is it and if Michael Joly can mod it so my a/d converter can work as a gated reverb and make all the differance especially if a $3000 master clock is used made from parts of sm57s that we really couldnt tell if they were real or chinese knockoffs but they have to have that Neve sound, especially if a non plug in compressor is used in conjuction with a light bulb from a behringer pre used as light in the the opto limiter makes its sound warm with air at the top end.
LOL...now that's better.

The answer, of course: use your ears.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search