The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Another Arabella one mic recording w/ Lera Lynn
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Nut

Another Arabella one mic recording w/ Lera Lynn

I love this mic. Though, anything I put in front of Lera sounds amazing, as her performances are always on point and emotional.

This is all part of an upcoming online series I am producing. The website launches in June, and will have many performances from some pretty amazing artists.

for the geeks (which I am one of).....Arabella In Omni, Thermionic Earlybird, Thermionic Pheonix, a little Softube Tube Tech PE-1C EQ, and a touch of the Phoenix Tape plug-in. All through my new Avid converters. Yes, I love my new studio.

I think I'll try my Phelicity on the next one. totally different beast.

Please enjoy....and check out "Have You Met Lera Lynn?" that I produced with Lera last year. www.LeraLynn.com

cheers.

Here's the video:

LERA LYNN // WOLF LIKE ME on Vimeo
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Did you use the arabella for her vocals on the album? they sound nice
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear
I really like these videos you are producing. I think you are on to something. They have a good aesthetic and vibe. I prefer this intimate "at the studio vibe" in comparison to the PBS formats of larger live shows etc. I wish MTV had gone this direction. I also like that there's no talking or narration etc in any if them it keeps it more moody and artistic.
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

I also love tv on the radio! Love this!

Thanks for sharing...

I think the first clip you posted had nicer/warmer vibe... Especially on her voice.
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Nut

thanks for the kind words.

Actually, i recorded her record on my old setup, and all the Vox were done on a Rode NTK and it was all mixed on a laptop in PT LE! No where near as nice as the Arabella along with my new HD rig. But the next record will be done on the new toys. : )

I try to go with a different vibe for each video. Some are dark, some are sunny. As long as the performance is good, it doesn't matter.

I have many more videos coming. stay tuned.
Old 2nd May 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow records View Post
thanks for the kind words.

Actually, i recorded her record on my old setup, and all the Vox were done on a Rode NTK and it was all mixed on a laptop in PT LE! No where near as nice as the Arabella along with my new HD rig. But the next record will be done on the new toys. : )

I try to go with a different vibe for each video. Some are dark, some are sunny. As long as the performance is good, it doesn't matter.

I have many more videos coming. stay tuned.
Wow sounds pretty damn nice for an ntk! well done

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search