The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Monitors and a Interface for mixing
Old 1st May 2011
Gear Head

Monitors and a Interface for mixing

Hey guys im a student studying music production so im just learning the skills, and want to invest in some solid monitors and interface for mixing, with some potential re amping use, i was wondering what you guys would recommend, for running alongside logic 9, im looking to spend upto £2500 on this equipement, i currently work with genelec's in our educational studios which can at times be very impressive, tho im wondering are these really the best option or would i get bet for my money from another brand, please forgive me if you read this post a million times, i've searched through various boards and keep getting confused by conflicting opinions

thanks
Old 1st May 2011
Gear Head

Sorry to say, your only gonna get conflicting opinions. When you ask "best option for the money", that question is to subjective. I actually hate the word "best". What some consider best, others may despise.
By the by I do like Genelecs. Also here is a link that might help regarding interfaces. It sounds like the setup you have.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...71939&tstart=0
Old 1st May 2011
Gear Head

yeah i realise its a bit of a dick question to ask but thanks for your input mate, means alot awesome link mate, thanks very much, totally forgot to add i need the interface for outboard gear as im trying to get my hands on a two hardware compressors as well
Old 2nd May 2011
Gear Head

hey thanks for the advice mate, thats some good tips i've been looking now in the focus 6twins and getting a set of ns10's from ebay to experiment with tho my control room is very small so im cautious about big speakers

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search