The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Can a gear tech junkie help me please!
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

Can a gear tech junkie help me please!

Hey guys,

I have recently purchased a new music studio rig and I am having some serious issues with crackles and pops coming out of the studio monitors at certain levels. I can't seem to work it out and neither can the technician who I paid to help set up the rig, although he has not given up as yet.

So before I drive myself crazy I thought I would come here for some help.

Below is what I purchased and and some of the steps I have already taken to fix the issue.

Mac Pro tower 8 core 10 Gig of ram so on and so on
Adam Monitors A8X
Apogee Ensemble with Symphony sound card
SSL X Desk
A ton of cables all connecting outboard gear to a patch bay

I am new to this kind of set-up so my concern is it is something serious like the ssl desk or the apogee set up..or the sound card..not sure

The first pair of Adam monitors were sent back and i got a new pair and the crackles and pops on the adams still happens.
SSL desk was sent back to the distributor to get it checked, all perfect.

The weird thing is this crackle and pop does not happen on the KRK speakers when I A/B them, only on the Adams and not at all levels and not with all tracks only some tracks and sounds, generally on the loudeer tracks with heavy bass......

Is this simply the monitors and just distortion or is this something more serious you think?

I just don't understand how an expensive pair of monitors can do this on what I think is an okay set up.
I don't think it should happen at all and was hoping if you guys could enlighten me.
Thanks so much.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search