The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Radio Frequencies are leaving me scratching my head
Old 28th April 2011
Here for the gear

Radio Frequencies are leaving me scratching my head

I have recently come into a pair of Event biamplified direct field tuned reference monitors. One of the speakers constantly carries a radio frequency when it is powered on. It picks these frequencies up even when there is no audio input going into the speaker.

They are plugged in to channels 1 and 2 of a M-Audio Utlra 8R and have their own power strip. What would be the best approach for troubleshooting and fixing this problem? I am new here so be gentle

Last edited by jazzyfresh; 28th April 2011 at 03:13 AM.. Reason: Change title
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

Greetings and welcome to GS! For trouble shooting I would unplug all audio cables to the speakers and turn them on. Got radio? If yes-have it repaired. If no- plug audio cables from M-audio back into speakers. If radio shows up in one speaker, switch audio cables and see if the radio follows the cable. If the sound follows the cable, repair or replace it. If the radio is still on the original side then it's coming from the M-box. If it's the M-box, upgrade to something else.
PS. put your speakers and M-box all on the same power strip.
Hope this helps
Jeff heh

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search