The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Got my mastered record back today!
Old 27th April 2011
Here for the gear

Got my mastered record back today!

Hi,

This is my first post on Gearslutz but I always look through all the brilliant information on here, thankyou for providing it all

I've been working on recording my album for several months and decided to get it mixed, mastered & manufactured. I heard and loved the mixes, but only today recieved the finished masters, which I thought it might be interesting for you to hear. Ive had a knot in my stomach all week, but when I played it this morning I almost peed my pants at how amazing it sounded! It even sounds nice in my crappy car. It's not smashed at all either

I'd love to get some feedback, even though its only a short clip.

Thanks

Bill

mix clip.wav

mastered clip.wav
Old 27th April 2011
Both versions sound great! I do think the unmastered version sounds a little better to my ears (a little fuller but that's just my preference).
Old 27th April 2011
Here for the gear

Oh wow, thanks alot

Ive listened to the master on lots of different systems now, and even though it's quieter than most stuff, it sounds great everywhere. The mixes sounded great when I heard them, but there was a couple of little things here and there that popped up on random systems, nothing major though. In the master it really does sound right everywhere - and nicely fatter too.
Old 28th April 2011
Here for the gear

Any more feedback would be great
Old 28th April 2011
Lives for gear

I feel the mastered version really makes the vocal pop. The mastering engineer did a great job!! All the right elements were brought out. Congrats!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search