The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
use of rosetta 200 Audio Interfaces
Old 25th April 2011
Lives for gear

use of rosetta 200

I am thinking of buying apogee cause i like the color they give to tracks. But how can i put it in ly signal path? I only want to use it as ad?

Do you need those special cards for the rosetta 200 when u use it as a ad convertor?
Old 25th April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by datafeist View Post
I am thinking of buying apogee cause i like the color they give to tracks. But how can i put it in ly signal path? I only want to use it as ad?

Do you need those special cards for the rosetta 200 when u use it as a ad convertor?
The Rosetta 200 has SPDIF on RCA, TOSLINK on Optical, AES/EBU on XLR as standard connections on the box. You can use Apogee X-Cards like the X-Symphony, X-Firewire, [now discontinued] and X-HD cards to interface the Unit with Symphony 64, a FW host, or PTHD systems. I have a XFW card in mine and it works great with my Mac Laptop, but I plan to interface it with AES/EBU when my Symphony I/O has USB support.
Old 25th April 2011
Lives for gear

1/ Will a rosetta 200 as ad convertor give the apogee sound? Also if you have an orpheus as da?

2/ As i am probably going to buy an x-rack too i want to be sure about some things...So i can put the master output of the x-rack via xlr into the rosetta (or do i miss something)?

3/ Will this system work on an imac (if this doesnt then i have to buy a macpro)?

Thanks

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search