Holiday shop via this link to support the forum!
Microphones with built in effects
Old 24th April 2011
Gear maniac

Microphones with built in effects

Are there any?
Old 24th April 2011
Lives for gear

hi mate, sure there are. In my time i've seen some that have wind sounds, some that have a built in waterfall sound feature. I've seen a few that have a built in smoke machine and others that make the experience quite shockingly electric (talk about bringing in a spark). The latest one that i have seen, you can plug a video monitor in and it even has over 1000 Karaoke songs. lolheh but seriously, if a mic needs to have the gimmick of built in effects then it is not a good mic. All Puff no Guff

Old 24th April 2011
Lives for gear

The only thing I've ever seen was a toy microphone made from plastic that had some sort diaphragm attached to a spring that ran the length of the body. It was kind of cool and surprisingly energetic for something that wasn't amplified. It was sort of a primitive reverb, but it tended to ring like a bell. It also resonated over a narrow range of frequencies so it sort of combined a vocoder sound as well. It was kind of bizarre and you would still have to mic it to use it.
Old 24th April 2011
Lives for gear

yeah, that thing is cool, its a spring reverb mic.
Old 24th April 2011
Gear maniac

I knew someone who swore hebowmed a Neumann "compressor mic" for live
Old 24th April 2011
Lives for gear

a lot of pro-sumer grade wireless mics / conference mics etc contain passive compression and EQ but this is not really the same thing.
Old 24th April 2011
Lives for gear

Why would you want such a thing?

Posted via the Gearslutz iPhone app
Old 24th April 2011
Originally Posted by Sounds Great View Post

I bought one for $6 at a Pic-n-Save (aka Big Lots). I have to say that it looked better on my wall in its display packaging -- a great source of amusement for those working in my old 80s 4 track 'studio' -- than it worked, which was a staticy crackle (I guess you could call it instant super-ultra-lo fi).

"Hey, good lookin'," my ass.
Loading mentioned products ...

Welcome to Gearslutz Pro Audio Forum!

Registration benefits include:
  • Ability to make and reply to posts
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get instant lifetime access to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20
  • List your eBay auctions for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search