The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Why can we not get the MIKTEK mics in the uk? Dynamic Microphones
Old 20th April 2011
Gear Nut

Why can we not get the MIKTEK mics in the uk?

I have been looking for a mic for some time and i keep bumping into the MIKTEK CV4 - after reading nothing but great reviews i tried to find one - unfortunately i cant find anywhere that sell this in the UK. After calling stores they have all told me that niche mics dont make it into big stores as they already stock the popular brands like AKG, NEUMANN e.t.c

Why cant we get this mic? Is it as good as the reviews say? Is there some other problem with it?

The only European distributer that i have found to sell it is a company in Norway. I cannot read or translate their website.

Help Please.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

They are a relatively new company, and even here in the U.S., they're not in very many stores either.

As for being able to read the Norweigan web page, I don't know what internet browser you use, but I use Google Chrome (assuming you can use this in the UK). It's free to download, and has a nice feature where when it comes up on a page in a different language, it asks if you want it to translate it for you. The translation is not always 100% accurate, but gives you a pretty good idea.

You might try to call them also, it's possible that someone there speaks english.
Old 21st April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post

You might try to call them also, it's possible that someone there speaks english.
I can pretty much guarantee that they will...
However they're outside of the EU so import will probably set you back as much as getting it from the states and they're arguably the most expensive country in Europe.
Old 21st April 2011
Here for the gear

Translation

We are blown away! This is one of the finest microphones, regardless of price! Designed, developed and built in Nashville, Tennessee by some of the greatest recorders in the area. In cv4 you`ll find sonically important components including genuine AMI BT4 transformer, original Telefunken EF800 NOS (new old stock) tubes, gold diafram in just 4 microns thick and a number of very essential elements that a whole provides a wonderful market microphones. Anyone out there who remember the Sony 800G? (It cost 70 000,- Nok 15 years ago) When listen to Miktek cv4 many mentions the resemblence to Sony 800G. Digg it that it doesn`t cost more than one-sixth?

Price converted from Norwegian kroner 1,368.26 GBP (included norwegian taxes 25%)

NB! This is an intro price from Miktek. Recommended Manufacturers suggested price is Nok 20,995, - (2,395.55 GBP)

I`ll also suggest giving them a call! I´m 100% sure they speak english, and norwegians are usually a very friendly and helpful people:-)

Last edited by emilspor; 21st April 2011 at 06:53 AM.. Reason: Added international phonenumber
Old 21st April 2011
Gear Nut

thats to you all - at that price i think ill get it from the states for $1299 and pay shipping fee's - im not used to spending this much on studio gear but i have read all of the reviews and everyone seems blown away. Can a mic really be that good?
Old 25th September 2011
Gear Nut

So is it worth paying the xtra for the sm7b worth it or should I go with just the 57/58 for now

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Gearslutz.com App
Top Mentioned Products

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search