The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Native Instruments support?
Old 12th April 2011
Lives for gear

Native Instruments support?

I moved to Mac because of problems with Windows and am really loving the Mac Pro...

I've installed Pro Tools 9, and tons of plugs from various companies. All has went well except for a few plugs.

I own quite a few Native Instruments Plugs but 3 were "download-only" plugs and when I downloaded them, I only got the PC installers since I had no idea I would want to switch platforms but now I use Mac and can't find the installers on the NI site even when logged into my account. Most other companies allow you to download the installers after logging in (on the products you've purchased), but apparently NI doesn't. I was fine on most NI products because I just used the disc that came with the program but like I said, 3 were download-only....

The 3 plugs I'm needing installers for are:

The Mouth
Rammfire
Deep Freq

I would have bought the disc of they hadn't been download-only purchases so this sort of thing wouldn't happen. How can I get the plugs I own?
Old 12th April 2011
Gear Nut

I feel your pain. I reinstalled my OS over the weekend and spent WAY to much time on the NI site trying find my installers.

I ended up downloading the demos and authorized them that way.

Usually, after you fire up the demo, it will give you the choice buy, run demo or authorize. Hit authorize and input your serial number.

Worth a shot.
Old 12th April 2011
Lives for gear

In the future, it would also be a good idea to burn a disc copy of the installer for the downloadable programs and keep it as a back up copy.
Old 13th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmf1978 View Post
I feel your pain. I reinstalled my OS over the weekend and spent WAY to much time on the NI site trying find my installers.

I ended up downloading the demos and authorized them that way.

Usually, after you fire up the demo, it will give you the choice buy, run demo or authorize. Hit authorize and input your serial number.

Worth a shot.
Yep, I thought of that but I haven't been able to find either of these 3 plugs as demo's. If anyone knows different, please let me know.

The Mouth
Rammfire
Deep Freq

Quote:
Originally Posted by nst7 View Post
In the future, it would also be a good idea to burn a disc copy of the installer for the downloadable programs and keep it as a back up copy.
Well I did exactly that....but for PC. I had no idea that I would be switching to a Mac at the time (But I'm glad I did because it works better for me) I just need my plugs.

Also on my ****list :

Yellow Tools - They only give 3 "authorizations" which I used up going from XP to Windows 7 and I'm not sure how the 3rd one got used up but they haven't responded either. Sucky support is too common now a days.

EastWest - Well I finally got their "Play 2" engine to load on Pro Tools 9 and you can play the sound via the mouse on the on-screen keys but no midi keyboard messages are heard. All other installed plugs play just fine on the same keyboard controller. EastWest makes great sounds with a weak engine. Too bad you can't just use Sampletank or a similar engine that actually works as an RTAS plug.
Old 14th April 2011
Lives for gear

just sent my third ticket requesting my 3 plug-in's installers. How long do I have to wait to actually get these links to the plugs I've purchased not long ago?

I paid good money for these plug-ins and switched to Mac and this company won't even provide the damn installers EVEN WHEN LOGGED INTO MY ACCOUNT? Sure, you can get a few updates and such but where's the Mac installers for these Native Instruments Plugs for which I've purchased?

The Mouth
Rammfire
Deep Freq

And to think NI was one of my top favorite music software companies.

Most companies post their installers and are easy to download in either Mac or PC whenever you need them. HOW HARD IS THAT??
Old 14th April 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbydesign View Post

And to think NI was one of my top favorite music software companies.

Most companies post their installers and are easy to download in either Mac or PC whenever you need them. HOW HARD IS THAT??
I just did a SIMPLE search in my email for the receipt for my purchases from NI- lo did I find the link to download my purchase again.

You can do a search for the rest of your purchases as well.
Old 14th April 2011
Technical Support (registered users only)
Tel.: +1.323.467 2693
Old 14th April 2011
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwars View Post
I just did a SIMPLE search in my email for the receipt for my purchases from NI- lo did I find the link to download my purchase again.

You can do a search for the rest of your purchases as well.
Yep, I did that too but the links are only good for a short period. Many of my other plugs links still worked but NI is apparently funny about their installers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostwars View Post
Technical Support (registered users only)
Tel.: +1.323.467 2693
That may be the way to go since their ticket system is not working in a reasonable amount of time.
UPDATE: When I arrived home and checked email Native Instruments had sent the links for the plugs. Thanks NI

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search