The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Finger on trigger...DAV bg1 Mixers (Digital)
Old 15th February 2006
Gear Nut

Finger on trigger...DAV bg1

Hey, My studio is in transistion mode. I sold my Ramsa analog, its gone. My Quad eight 248 is being wired in the next room, not working yet. I bought a Tascam DM24
for monitoring my Radar 24 tracks. With no console Im using all outboard pre's.
Ampex m-10 ?, V-72r {thats right R, who knows?} Anyway.. The BG1 seems like I would use the heck out of it, BUT....will the Quad Eight Mic Pre's sound similar, so similar that I wont need or use the Bg1. It's not a cheap piece......So what a ya think.
Old 15th February 2006
Gear Addict

buy it they're amazing!
Old 15th February 2006
Lives for gear

drum overheads, the business

its the business for drum overheads.

cymbals... mm-mm. delish.

any acoustic instrument really.

can translate nuances of acoustic spaces very well, so be sure to get them right, and your mic technique, but its really a lovely pair of pres at a great price.

put the pad on and crank it up for a very subtle creamy head, like a really good pint of guinness.
Old 15th February 2006
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonneybear
Hey, My studio is in transistion mode. I sold my Ramsa analog, its gone. My Quad eight 248 is being wired in the next room, not working yet. I bought a Tascam DM24
for monitoring my Radar 24 tracks. With no console Im using all outboard pre's.
Ampex m-10 ?, V-72r {thats right R, who knows?} Anyway.. The BG1 seems like I would use the heck out of it, BUT....will the Quad Eight Mic Pre's sound similar, so similar that I wont need or use the Bg1. It's not a cheap piece......So what a ya think.
IMHO the BG1 is, in fact, very cheap for the quality it provides. Drums and acoustic stringed intruments will benefit from having this little gem around. As, ever, it depends on whether you need something big and clean to fill out your pre set. I've not met anybody who's given these a listen who hasn't said they thinks it's a "big" box on a small price tag.
Old 15th February 2006
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubrichie
put the pad on and crank it up for a very subtle creamy head, like a really good pint of guinness.
mmmmmmmmmmmm...
with the pour-drawn 4 leaf clover...

mmmmmmmm.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search