The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 Search This Thread  Search This Forum  Search Reviews  Search Gear Database  Search Gear for sale  Search Gearslutz Go Advanced
Tuning question
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Nut

Tuning question

Hey guys! I had a session the other day for a project I am working on. We recorded acoustic guitar tracks first for this one particular song. We are recording vocals this Saturday, then I will be adding strings, piano, etc later.

I have run into a small issue. The acoustic guitar tracks are ever so slightly flat. We tuned the guitar during the session but it is still slightly flat. I really don't want to record the parts over because the performance is great. When I say out of tune I don't mean the guitar with itself just when I play keyboard with it.

Should I tune my keyboards to the guitar and move on or can something like melodyne fix the guitar parts. They are chords not single notes.

Any advice appreciated! Thanks
Old 17th March 2011
Lives for gear

Sorry: re-record.
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Maniac

If the guitar is in tune with itself, I would think that you have a lot of options to raise the pitch of the entire track -- and you can do it without destroying the audio or adding a lot of artifacts.

I don't think Melodyne is what you want for that job... maybe some other pitch/time software like Digidesign X-form.
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Maniac

To clarify, you're saying the guitar is in tune with itself, just that it's flat of concert pitch? By how many cents?

If the file is small enough to email, I'd be willing to take a shot at it tonight and send it back.
Old 17th March 2011
Gear Addict

Are you using a modern digital keyboard? If so most definitely adjust the tuning of the keyboard to match the aku part. If were talking real rhodes and hammond etc then software pitch shifting it is.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search